Coalition of Women Living with HIV and AIDS (COWLHA) is an organisation created to unite the voices of women and girls living with HIV with the aim of addressing challenges affecting them. COWLHA intends to recruit a dedicated Malawian for the position of PROJECT OFFICER tenable at its office in Ntcheu to implement a Trocaire funded project using SASA! Faith Methodology to prevent gender based violence.
Roles and responsibilities
- Management of a project on the intersection of women’s and girls’ rights issues, gender issues and HIV and AIDS;
- Monthly monitoring of community activists and the project as a whole and documenting issues related to changes in power relations, change of mindset towards gender norms and elimination/modification of harmful cultural practices;
- Compiling project reports;
- Developing proposals, plans and budget formulations:
- Conducting trainings, awareness meetings using SASA! Faith approach:
- Representing COWLHA in different forums and meetings.
- At least a Diploma and those with a university degree in Social Sciences or Gender Studies will have an added advantage.
- Excellent lobbying-and advocacy skills
- Those with SASA! Faith knowledge will have an added advantage.
COWLHA is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible candidates to apply.
Interested candidates can send their applications with a resume and three traceable referees by 21st May, 2018 to:
The Executive Director, COWLHA, P. O. Box 2874, LILONGWE