ELECTRICITY SUPPLY CORPORATION OF MALAWI LTD
INVITATION FOR BIDS (IFB) FOR
MAINTAINANCE OF 132KV TRANSMISSION OVERHEAD LINE
BY NATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING
PROCUREMENT REFERENCE NUMBER: ESC 032/NCB/W/FY2020-21
DATE OF ISSUE MONDAY 22nd MARCH 2021
- The Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi Limited (ESCOM) has budgeted funds for the
procurement of works for Maintenance of 132KV Transmission Overhead Line. The Chairperson,
Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the
Provision of Minor Works as follows:
Lot No Description Duration Delivery 1-6 Maintenance of 132kV Dwangwa-Chintheche Overhead Line 6 Months Dwangwa-Chintheche 7-9 Maintenance of 132kV Nkhotakota- Dwangwa Overhead Line 6 Months Nkhotakota-
10-15 Maintenance of 132kV Salima-Nkhotakota Overhead Line 6 Months Salima-
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with open tendering procedures contained in the Public
Procurement Laws and Regulations of the Government of the Republic of Malawi and is open to all
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents from ESCOM’s Procurement and Disposal Unit at the address given in paragraph 6(a) below from 08:00 to 12:00 hours, 13:00 to 16:00 hours local time (Monday to Friday) except national public holidays.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English language may be purchased by interested bidders at 6(b) below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Five Thousand Kwacha (MWK5, 000.00). The method of payment will be cash.
- Sealed bids, clearly marked on the outer envelope with “Tender Description and Reference Number” must be deposited in the Tender Box at address at 6(c) below at or before 10.00 a.m. (local time) on Thursday, 22nd April, 2021. All bids must be accompanied by a Duly Signed Bid Securing Declaration Form. Late Bids will be rejected and returned to the bidder unopened.
- The addresses referred to above are:
(a) Inspection and Issue of Bidding Document:
Procurement and Disposal Unit
ESCOM House, Annex Building, Second Floor
9 Haile Selassie Road
(b) Purchase of Bidding Document:
ESCOM, Umoyo House, Third Floor
(c) Submission of Tender Documents:
ESCOM House Annex Building
Tender Box situated at IT Reception
9 Haile Selassie Road, P.O. Box 2047
(d) Opening of Tender Documents:
Malawi Sun Hotel
- It is the responsibility of each bidder to ensure that the bids submitted are in accordance with the
‘Instruction to Bidders’ contained in the Bidding Document, non-compliance to the instructions will
lead to disqualification and rejection of the bid.
- Opening of Bids shall commence at 10:00a.m. (local time) on Thursday, 22nd April, 2021 at Malawi
Sun Hotel, interested bidders, their representatives and the general public are welcome to attend.
- ESCOM is not in any way bound to accept the lowest or any bid but reserves the right to exercise choice of the lowest evaluated, substantially responsive bid and procurement proceedings may be cancelled at any stage.