VITALITE Group LTD is a Malawi registered company founded in 2019. VITALITE was created to increase rural electrification and address the poverty tax affecting low-income, energy-poor households across Malawi. Our stated mission is to make quality products and services accessible and affordable to all Malawian households. VITALITE Malawi prides itself as one of the leaders in pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) platforms and the best service and distribution company that benefits the larger bracket of Malawians.
VITALITE Malawi seeks the capabilities of a SALES/ marketing lead. This position will be a key component of the team and will quickly join our leadership group that shapes country wide strategy and tactics.
As the SALES and marketing lead, you will assist in the design of our approach to building brand awareness, engaging prospective candidates, and measuring the impact of our efforts with the Malawi team. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is able to function in a purely start-up environment and create their own autonomy through multiple inputs and guidance.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Transform direct channel sales strategy by leading the development and execution of program to overhaul attitude, capabilities and execution of agents and field sales representatives.
- Share experiences and knowledge to provide guidance and build intellectual capital that can be deployed by VITALITE across markets within Malawi and the region.
- Lead the creation of a strong indirect channel that will deliver minority percentage of all sales.
- Act as the functional expert for matters related to sales through collaboration across areas such as analytics and risk, call center, procurement, etc to ensure cross-functional alignment of strategies and priorities.
- Generate insights for management, suggesting adjustments to strategy to adapt to market evolution and recommends inputs to business planning through providing market potential, sales forecast, target and operational direction.
Strategy and relationship building
- Identify marketing trends in Southern Africa to optimize our spend and improve outreach.
- Develop an annual strategy to build our brand with priority audiences and customers.
- Be involved in regular audience and market research initiatives with regional teams (SSCs)to inform strategy and scale-up.
- Work with the sales team to develop a rural market strategy. This will include occasional travel in Malawi.
- Work with and engage training department with agent recruitment strategy.
- Work on innovations/ strategy/ and product development with sales department.
- Develop key performance indicators, standard operating procedures, and protocols for your team.
Data and analytics
- Lead our marketing measurement to track the effectiveness of our strategies.
- Work within online dashboards and data produced by the back-end CRM database.
- Develop clear reports for senior leaders on marketing ROI and our impact on hiring and deploying.
- Mentor junior team members on partner teams (recruitment, brand & awareness).
- Manage one direct report who will execute on our digital marketing.
- Contribute communications to the core team’s development, culture and performance.
Career growth and development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional communicator with at least 2+ years of marketing experience. The ideal candidate will a passion for working in sales (particularly in closing), strong project management skills, and a keen attention to detail. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 5+ years of SALES and marketing experience
- Proven track record in sales and marketing
- Exceptional, all around communication skills
- An ability to use data insights to shape strategy, creative briefs, and content ideation in collaboration with marketing department
- Strong knowledge of email, digital ads, and social media best practices for sales to target markets.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft office (word/PowerPoint/excel) and google applications (google docs, calendar, and Gmail). Data management experience in google analytics a plus.
- Familiarity with the discipline of content marketing
- Strong detail orientation and an ability to manage projects with proactive ability.
- Prior experience in a sales role in a Southern African organization or agency preferred.
- Ability to speak English/ Chichewa fluently and willingness to work in multicultural environment.
- Good team player
- Positive attitude with ability to handle multiple assignments
- MSCE (with good math results)
- Degree in related field
- Driving license (class B)
- Willing to travel in-country
How to apply
Please send your full ONE pdf document application to [email protected]
Indicate how you heard about us and include the role you are applying for in the subject line.
Application should include:
- 300 word essay, responding to the question, “Provide three ways in which you would adjust sales strategy to reflect a global pandemic.”
- Three references
- Copy of academic certificates
* Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply