UNC SACCO, an affiliate of Malawi Union of Savings & Credit Cooperatives Ltd (MUSCCO), a member owned and democratically controlled financial cooperative society that aims at providing quality and affordable financial services to its members is pleased to invite application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of SACCO ACCOUNTANT.
Reporting to the SACCO Manager, the successful candidate shall assume the following duties and responsibilities:
- Managing SACCO’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Liaising with External/ Internal Auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out.
- Support formulation of long & short term business plans.
- Manage SACCO’s budget formulation, implementation and reporting Systems.
- Manage SACCO Credit and liquidity management system.
- Producing accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Preparing monthly RBM reports.
- Developing and managing external relationships with appropriate contacts e.g. External Auditors, Bankers, Statutory Regulators, MUSCCO etc.
- Preparation of general ledger account reconciliations.
- Keep up to date on documents/reports/guidelines/audit files in an appropriate manner.
- Supervision of accounting/finance staff.
Qualifications and attributes
- Degree in Accounting or Finance with not less than 3 years’ experience or Diploma in Accountancy /Finance with not less than 6 years’ experience.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and ability to exercise own initiative and judgment.
- Proven Knowledge of Accounting Packages and Microsoft Windows especially excel, word, PowerPoint etc.
- Experience working with SACCOs or financial institutions is an added advantage.
Applications with a copy of the Curriculum Vitae (CV) and at least three referees should be submitted not later than 08th November 2019 to:
The SACCO Manager,
UNC SACCO Limited,