Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
The Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS. In its work to eliminate paediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs, EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners in 15 countries. EGPAF supports service provision for comprehensive HIV care, treatment and prevention programs, and health systems strengthening. EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence‐based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 179 health facilities in eight districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) ‐funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi. To ensure availability of age and sex disaggregated reporting for improved program management and to facilitate epidemic control of HIV, PEPFAR and the Government of Malawi have decided to rapidly expand simple electronic reporting within Malawi, to reach 95% of sites by the end of FY19. To meet this need, EGPAF has been requested to lead the development of an electronic solution that will include digitization of the ART MasterCard, aggregate reporting of HTS etc. that can be quickly deployed to site to enable reporting from 1 July 2019.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position
Position : Training and Data Quality Assurance Coordinator – Partner Liaison
Direct Supervisor : Back Data Entry Stations – Project Manager (PM)
Location : EGPAF – Lilongwe
The Partner – Training and Data Quality Assurance Coordinator is a well-trained, proactive and self-motivated individual who under the direct supervision and guidance of the PM will coordinate the deployment, training, troubleshooting and support of systems to be deployed in Partner supported districts.
S/he will lead in the development and field testing of SOP, development of Training curriculum, supervision checklists and reporting to be utilized by all Partners across the 517 sites. S/he will lead the training of trainers and provide coordination for cascade trainings at all sites by the various partners. S/he will provide leadership on ensuring responsive support to implementing partners for all queries on hardware, software and connectivity. S/he will also supervise Data Clerk and data quality amongst sample sites.
S/he will support Partners Quality Coordination team. S/he will report regularly to all stakeholders on project progress. He or she will assist in the hardware and software configuration as per software requirements hence some background in systems development will be essential. Post deployment, a lot of time will be invested in systems support and responding to user needs and queries in a timely and resolute manner, for this, practical knowledge and experience in hardware maintenance, technical support plus experience in Linux administration (or use) and networking will be a requirement and not an added advantage.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Development and Application of Training and Site Operational Guides
- Co -Lead in the development of and field testing of SOPs
- Co- Lead in the development of training curriculum, supervision checklist and reporting format
- Co-Lead in the development of training plans and logistics arrangement for EGPAF support sites
- Co-Lead and Coordinate training of trainers for EGPAF and partners
Create and Oversee a Monitoring System
- Design system for tracking and assuring quality across all partners and their districts to provide updates on daily, weekly, monthly progress on installation, trainings, deployment, data entry completion and progress on uploads
Provide Inputs into Product Development
- Play a pivotal role within the development team and to support with decisions regarding development approaches and technology.
- Assisting ins soliciting inputs from partners and giving input in the development of applications
- Support documentation and describe program development, logic, testing changes and corrections.
- Maintain a pulse and knowledge to new technology that may enhance organizational goals and performance.
Hardware Set up and Installations
- Support back data entry/quality officers in setting-up of client machines and configuration of all relevant hardware.
- Oversee the installation of software front-End (Vue-JS) and Back-End (MySQL)
- Oversee the Setting up of software containers (Docker) for the application
- Oversee can provide support for Troubleshooting Linux and Windows machines
- Setup a LAN and a WAN
- Open a client machine and replacing relevant parts or fixing existing parts.
Data Security, Storage, Transfer and Retrieval
- Coordinate and support teams to back up of databases and securing data
- Assisting in pulling updates from data repositories (Git Hub)
- Assist in the preparation of reports and data quality
- Provide TA to facility, national and regional stakeholders in the rollout of electronic solutions to ensure high quality data.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Degree in Information technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Health Information Systems with more than 3 years’ practical experience
- Cisco or a Microsoft Certification in the relevant areas would be an added advantage only if you can demonstrate and apply the logic in a practical session.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines while producing quality content.
- Working knowledge of PEPFAR programs in Malawi
- Working know of the structure and health system in Malawi
- Working experience/Knowledge in the following is added advantage
- Use of Docker for deployment
- MySQL database
- Use of a repository for installation
- Use of web server
- Use of a Help Desk system
- Dataset preparation, Data cleaning (using SQL Scripts)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working effectively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting.
- Highly organized, meticulous and reliable
- Capable of understanding user problems and addressing them in a polite and prompt manner
- Comfortable working independently and developing new procedures and systems
- Good interpersonal skills