JTI Leaf Malawi
Job ID: 12182
Professional area: Leaf Processing
Contract type: Permanent
Professional level: Experienced
JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 40’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fourth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe #1, Asia #1, North America #1, Africa #2 and Middle East #3. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
The positions exists to operate the threshing processing line to ensure that the plant runs optimally and safely to produce a conforming quality product.
- Ensure the right preparations and resources for operations.
- Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out and that all machines are in perfect working orders at all times.
- Keep factory area of responsibility clean.
- Comply with safety standards and procedures.
- Ensure own safety and that of team and coworkers.
- Take part in the recruitment and performance management of the team.
- Manage various tasks and projects as they arise and upon manager’s request.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- MSCE. An Engineering related background is an added advantage.
- Minimum two-years demonstrable experience of having undergone in-house
threshing line operations training in a tobacco processing organization
- Good written and spoken English.
- Computer Skills – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office
- Analytical – analyze provided data and act accordingly
Deadline for applications is 19 May 2018.