Website There is Hope
There is Hope (TIH) is a Malawian organization that has been offering people living in and around Dzaleka Refugee Camp opportunities for education, business, and leadership development since 2007. There is Hope invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer at its head office in Lilongwe.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Develop and strengthen monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Monitor all TIH project activities and progress towards achieving the project(s) output
- Support the development and improvement of the logical framework
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project(s) success
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results
- Monitor the sustainability of all projects results
- Provide feedback to the Director of Programs on project(s) strategies and activities
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project(s) activities
- Participate in annual project(s) reviews and planning workshops and assist the Director of Programs in preparing relevant reports
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project(s)
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the project(s) to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS
- Assist the project(s) personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Statistics, Demography or Development Studies or Diploma in M&E
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a similar role, 3 – 5 years preferred.
Required Skills and Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of MIS, M&E and development issues
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Expertise in analysing data using statistical software
- Strong training and facilitation skills
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae with 3 traceable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for receiving applications is 9th November 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.