|Leadership and Management
- Provide line management and leadership to the supply chain function.
- Assist Business support services Director in accessing and coordinating technical resources available from the Global Center or Region for the department
- Participate in the negotiation, implementation, monitoring and reporting of relevant Memoranda of Understanding, contracts and Service Level Agreements.
- Lead in the develop, implementation and review of the policies, standards and procedures for supply chain to ensure they are aligned to WVI set expected standards, policies and procedures.
- Lead the adoption and rollout of partnership initiative for
- Ensure an optimal interface between this department and business units for efficient customer service delivery.
- Collate monthly, semi-annual and annual reports for the department
- Mentor, coach and develop the capacity of staff of the department into competent, accountable and high performance teams.
- Model Christ-centered servant leadership and support spiritual; development of the team
- Managing the needs assessment and involvement throughout the concept development/designing of projects/grants and related procurements
- Managing the participation and contributing into Contract negotiations with donors and managing contract negotiations with suppliers
- Managing the Procurement planning and plan reviews and monitoring
- Managing the prequalification of suppliers
- Managing the strategic sourcing for effective and efficient procurement of goods and services (value for money) to ensure effective
- Contract Management (reviewing, approving)
- Managing the establishment, capacity building and performance review of Procurement Committees
- Managing the process of screening of suppliers & service providers to ensure that they are not blocked globally by different donors as well as WVI
- Providing monthly reports to SLT and Regional Office for monitoring and decision making
- Managing the conduction of Annual Suppliers Symposiums
- Managing supplier relationship and annual supplier performance appraisal
- Managing supply chain Involvement in the project closure to ensure that all procurement related issues and requirements for project closures have been implemented
|Risk Management and control
- Managing the risks by being responsive to internal and external environment and come up with an updated Risk Matrix for the function
- Managing appropriate systems and procedures to avoid significant audit risk findings, both at the NO and field levels.
- Providing timely and appropriate input into management responses to audits performed both at the NO and field
- Ensuring all audit recommendations are implemented timely
- Managing the adequate preparation for all audits.
- Implementing anti-corruption and fraud strategies.
- Leading the planning and implementation annual insurance survey for WVM
|People Management and Capacity Building
- Ensure that new and existing staff undergo regular orientation on policies and procedures
- Conduct staff performance appraisals
- Conduct regular functional meetings
- Coaching and mentoring of staff
|Learning & innovation
- Develop initiatives to improve to improve business processes
- Identify opportunities that result into value for money
- Lead in the implementation and roll out of new initiatives