Who we are: Stronger Together supports organisations to tackle hidden labour exploitation and forced labour risks within their operations and supply chains. A business-led, multi-stakeholder and collaborative initiative, we focus on providing support, training and resources that are practical, pragmatic and easy for any business, of any size to understand and use. Originating and headquartered in the UK, we have grown to have a global reach, with a global team across the UK, South Africa and the US, and running projects and programmes with experts across the world.
Stronger Together has an opportunity to pilot a programme in the Malawian agricultural sector, to support businesses to act responsibly; to educate and equip growers, exporters and labour providers with knowledge and pragmatic resources; to facilitate a platform for sharing of good practice across the global supply chain and a support network to detect, deter and deal with forced labour in their operations and supply chains.
The role: We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team to manage the strategic and operational delivery of the Stronger Together Malawi pilot programme from (starting ideally on) 16th August 2021 to 31st March 2022. This includes providing day-to-day management, oversight, strategic input, and help to administer, manage and deliver the programme. In this role you will engage and develop positive and collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders including Malawian businesses, their international buyers, industry bodies and commodity organisations, worker representatives and civil society/NGO’s working in Malawi on human trafficking/forced and bonded labour. The stakeholder engagement will support effective programme delivery including engaging Malawian agri-businesses in our training and tools. To deliver, enhance and promote training workshops, guidance resources and bespoke services across the Malawian business sector.
Who you are:
- An experienced project manager with a good understanding of and connections in the agricultural industry in Malawi, as well as knowledge of how international supply chains work
- Experience in business engagement and developing and managing private sector relationships including working with them on ethical business behaviour
- A great organiser, ideally with experience of implementing and establishing new initiatives
- Ideally, an excellent trainer, with experience of preparing and delivering training to businesses
- A great organiser, with the ability to set/abide by established and meet demanding targets and deadlines, with experience of managing project budget and reporting frameworks (and the associated IT skills)
- Someone with an understanding of labour exploitation and remediation frameworks in Malawi
- A motivated and enthusiastic worker, able to work independently and with remote colleagues/stakeholders, delivering day-to-day workload with minimal supervision
- Fluent in English is essential, and fluent in other Malawian living languages desirable.
Details: Closing date: Closing date: Sunday 8th August | Interviews: 11th August | Starting date: ideally 16th August/ASAP | Contract: part-time, Malawi based (fixed term contract till 31st March 2022) | Salary: Please provide salary expectations in your covering letter
A job and person description can be viewed here
To apply: Please send us your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com (max. 2 pages of A4) outlining the skills and experience you have that meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the Job Description, please include ‘Application – Malawi Project Manager’ in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org