|Program Development and Grant Acquisition
- Lead the development of strategies, guidelines and tools for effective child protection, Spiritual nurture and Participation of Children for Improved child well being
- Ensure Community Engagement and Sponsorship Plan (CESP) Technical Program (TP) is adequately funded and supported with appropriate technical capacity for effective implementation.
- In collaboration with advocacy and grant acquisition, establish donor linkages, develop and market fundraising concept papers, proposals and acquire extra non sponsorship support for CESP program for increased scale and impact.
- Promotes innovation and creativity among APs to increase funding for community interventions
- Define and apply operational benchmarks for all components of the CESP TP from work planning, monitoring, and capacity strengthening for increased access to improved child protection, Spiritual Nurture and Participation of child
- Ensure CESP TP is aligned to the National strategy and integrated into program intervention of other TPs.
- Guide the preparation of annual operation plans for the CCESP Technical Program.
|Program Management and Reporting
- Set, interpret and enforce TP standards to be adhered to by the implementing staff and partners.
- Develop and support capacity building plans to staff, volunteers and implementing partners involved in child protection, Spiritual nurture of children and sponsorship management
- Support Area Program in empowering grass-root communities in being actively engaged in improving child protection systems for child wellbeing scale and impact.
- In collaboration with other internal stakeholders, ensure development and consolidated Semi-annual/annual report
- Provide leadership in high quality project designs and re-designs, effective planning, monitoring and evaluation of CESP TP.
- Providing day-to-day management including planning, administration, implementation, reporting and decision making for the CESP TP.
- Establish and deliver programmes for enhanced field capacity and competencies for effective ministry quality including sponsorship management and delivery of sponsorship 2.0 products
- Facilitate quality & timely periodic reporting to internal stakeholders and sponsors with established timeframes business processes around performance monitoring of APs.
- Design and administer programmes to reduce risk at operational level and ensure operations adherence to organizational systems and procedures
- Support staff orientation for new staff to World Vision Malawi and CESP Programing approach
- Provide coaching and mentoring of staff in the CESP.
- Support annual performance agreements and reviews.
- Manage personal learning and career development leading to staff well-being and work life balance.
- Contribute and support activities that enrich and develop spiritual nurturing and growth of team members
|Networking, Collaboration and Liaison
- Support strategic networking and partnering with Donors, Government Line Ministries, Communities and other stakeholders in child protection, spiritual nurture, child participation and sponsorship Management in order to promote increased impact for child wellbeing.
- In collaboration with advocacy team support the development and implementation of positive behaviour in accordance with child protection and spiritual nurture program.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with support offices and bilateral organizations to build engagement for sponsorship and increased funding levels for field operations.
- Meaningful representation and participation in the Programme Support Team (PST
- Facilitate the integration of sponsorship with technical programmes in field level to ensure impact in the child well-being outcomes for children and communities.
- Represent operations teams to donors, project partners, other WV Partnership offices and divisions, local government, church representatives and non-governmental organizations serving according as directed by Associate Director – Programme Effectiveness & Quality Assurance
|Knowledge Management and Innovation
- Support in the sector specific and/or integrated research and learning initiatives by developing research concepts with the view to generate lessons and knowledge for improved programming, quality assurance and effectiveness.
- Provide support to knowledge management in generating innovations for positive child protection, participation and spiritual nurture of children in the community.
- Establish and strengthen child protection, participation and spiritual nurture Program activities being implemented by WV Malawi for improved future programming.
- Analyse and share essential programmatic data including sponsorship to key stakeholders (Area Program Managers, Technical Program Managers) to inform programming throughout the National Office
- Lead the field operations in implementation of Global and Regional initiatives in a manner that position the National Office positively
- Attend and participate in daily devotions.
- Perform any other task as assigned.