Medecins sans Frontieres
Medecins sans Frontieres is an international, medical, non-governmental humanitarian organisation that assists populations in distress in more than 70 countries around the world. In Malawi, MSF works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the local community in integrated HIV/AIDS and SRN projects in Zonal districts such as Mwanza, Dedza, Neno, Nsanje, etc.
Social Worker for Corridor/Sex Workers Project – Based in Blantyre – Frequent travel – 6 months contract
Join one of the foremost humanitarian organizations in the world in a key role supporting mission goals as a core member of the Corridor project team. Reporting to the Patient and Community Support Manager, the social worker will have primary accountability to develop and implement project activities aimed at easing sex workers (SWs) access to social support.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct the social support assessment in collaboration with the client and community support team
- Mapping of partners and stakeholders in four project sites (Mwanza, Zalewa, Dedza, Nsanje)
- Develop a referral system for identified beneficiaries’ needs in collaboration with partners
- Provide technical support to the team to implement social-related activities
- Collect and document necessary information regarding social support needs of sex workers for internal strategy development and advocacy purposes
Educational qualifications & required work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in social work
- Essential working experience in social work for at least 2 years
- Work experience in projects with key populations (sex workers), adolescents and/or SGBV survivor would be an asset
- Desirable experience with MSF or other NGOs additional
- Being autonomous, results & quality-oriented
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Fluent in English & Chichewa
- Behavioural flexibility & high willingness to travel frequently to the different project sites IP.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to MSF principles
- Experience in a well-known, professionally recognised, international medical humanitarian organisation committed to advancing Human Resources practices for the benefit of employees and the communities they support
- Salary package and benefits comparable to other non-profit organisations
Applications for the vacant post with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic, vocational certificates, should be submitted to the following address no later than the 17/06/2018. Attn to:
Administrator- Corridor Project, Medecins sans Frontieres Belgium, PO Box 30353, Chichiri, Blantyre 3
MSF appreciates all applicants but please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.