Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Malawi
The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Malawi (BCM-CFM) is a not-for-profit organization working in partnership with the Malawi government in the health sector. Our mission is to improve the health and lives of children and families with HIV, cancer and blood disorders through high quality, high impact, ethical, state of the art comprehensive care and treatment, training of health professionals and clinical research. We are situated within the Kamuzu Central Hospital premises, opposite Kamuzu College of Nursing.
BCMCF-M invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of:
Job Tittle: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Officer (MER)
Duration : 1 year (Renewable)
Reporting to: MER Director
The Senior MER Officer will assist in the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation System for Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation-Malawi (BCMCF-M) at the Center of Excellence (COE). The Senior MER Officer will support the MER Director in data management, analysis and packaging of program reports and evaluation for wider dissemination.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the MER Director in the full implementation of the BCMCF-M M&E System.
- Assist with the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities as specified in the M&E Plan
- Analyze data, including quantitative survey program data, quantitative program data for periodic reporting, and qualitative data gathered during interviews.
- Contribute to the annual review of the Strategic Plan and Implementation Strategy and assist in reflecting the changes in the technical sheets of indicators.
- Assist in research and evaluation of activities. The Senior MER Officer will join teams in the implementation of evaluation studies, including arranging logistics for field work, data collection in the field and/or through online surveys, and contribute to data analysis and reporting writing.
- Support in the packaging of M&E results to BCMCF-M stakeholders, this will involve working with the program teams in preparing reports and reviews.
- Draft data collection instruments (i.e. surveys, interview protocols) to be used in special studies and/or for online distribution to target groups
- Interpret and use results for program improvement, including analyzing data with a view toward feeding lessons and recommendations back into program implementation.
- Compile and consolidate M&E reports, share with MER Director and the program teams.
- In consultation with the program teams prepare individual pieces and thematic stories based on M&E outputs for wide circulation.
- Sampling of data from the standard indicator database on a monthly basis in each location for quality assurance purposes and submit a report to MER Director.
- Assist in the preparation of M&E meetings and follow up resulting action items.
- Supervise other M&E personnel and data clerks involved in Maternal and Child Health program at BCMCF-M and conduct performance evaluation.
- Other duties from time to time, as may be reasonably required by the MER Director
- Attend all relevant program meetings
- Participate in relevant HR and performance management processes
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in Computer Science, Statistics, Social Science, or any related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation or social research preferably in the NGO sector.
- Knowledge of evaluation concepts and procedures
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software including Excel and other Statistical Packages.
- Strong knowledge of data visualization tools and graphics software is advantageous.
- Ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyze problems with implementation.
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to work under pressure and balance several competing tasks at once.
- Demonstrated understanding of data management
- Demonstrated people and managerial skills with a flexible and collaborative personal style
- Be prepared to provide off-site and after-hours support.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in data analysis and use of data visualization software
- Demonstrated experience in design and working with complex databases using MySQL.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should address their applications, including a detailed Curriculum Vitae and names of three traceable referees who are not relatives to:
The Executive Director
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation-Malawi
Closing date for receiving applications is on 13th August, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.