The Senior Driver, at the G-3 level, provides reliable and safe driving services to the head of office, demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol, whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials
Drives the Head of the Office, senior UN staff and high ranking UN officials and visitors, ensuring provision of reliable and safe driving services.
Meets senior official personnel and visitors at the airport and may assist with basic visa and customs formalities and arrangements when required.
- Maintenance of assigned vehicle
Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
- Documentation of vehicle related information.
Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A secondary education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- A minimum of three years of work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication (Level I), Working with People (Level I) and Drive for Results (Level I).
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Analyzing (Level I)
- Learning and Researching (Level I)
- Planning and Organizing (Level I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (Level I)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time