Bishop Mackenzie International School
Bishop Mackenzie International School – BMIS, is the only IB World School in Malawi. BMIS educates and inspires students to value integrity, cultural diversity, and the pursuit of well-being and excellence. Our school fosters an environment which empowers students to become creative, confident lifelong learners ready to take action in the local and global communities. BMIS is seeking to recruit an experienced Security Manager. The Security Manager will be responsible for managing security operations at the school by implementing security policies, regulations, rules, and norms and make sure that the environment in the school is safe for students, staff and visitors.
The Security Manager will be required to manage a team of Security Guards and delegate tasks and duties. The Security Manager, will be required to demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills, and a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of hazards and threats to safety.
FUNCTION: Responsible for all Security operations
REPORTS TO: The Business Manager
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for students, staff and visitors by patrolling and monitoring the premises.
- Identify, investigate, resolve or report security breaches including unauthorized or suspicious persons, vehicles and activities.
- Guard against theft of property within the school by searching any suspicious individuals entering or leaving campus.
- Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems, using established protocols
- Collect and analyze security data to determine security needs, security program goals, or program accomplishments
- Supervise subordinate security professionals, performing activities such as training, assigning work, evaluating performance, or disciplining.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, visitors, or others on school property
- Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events
- Write or review security-related documents, such as incident reports, proposals, and tactical or strategic initiatives
- Oversee the maintenance, repair and development of the school’s camera surveillance system
- Work with the Purchasing Department to acquire security equipment that is appropriate to the needs of the school
- Conduct physical examinations of property to ensure compliance with security policies and regulations
- Create reports for management on security status
- Attend meetings with other members of the Maintenance Committee to determine operational needs
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
- Supervise guards in conducting searches on staff leaving campus
- May be called upon to testify in court and at disciplinary hearings as required.
- Assist with fire drills and other emergency building evacuations.
- Advanced Diploma in Security Management, Public Administration or equivalent from accredited college or university. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field desirable.
- Proven experience as Security Officer or similar position
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Comprehensive knowledge of security management principles, best practices and related laws and policies
- Demonstrated ability to advise school community on matters of safety and security
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
Interested candidates should submit their applications with a detailed CV, traceable referees and copies of certifications to; The Business Manager, through the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is January 26, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.