Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM)
The Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) is an ecumenical association of Church-owned health facilities in Malawi. CHAM is the second largest provider of health services in Malawi, with member health facilities in rural areas and the CHAM Secretariat is the central coordination unit of the Association. A Project Officer (HRH 2030) vacancy has arisen at CHAM Secretariat in Lilongwe and interested applicants should understand the Church-based health service delivery model and be committed to promoting the healing ministry of Jesus Christ as envisioned by the local Churches.
Contract duration : 2 years Contract
Department: Health Services
Reports to: HRH Project Manager
Scope of Work
The successful candidate will be responsible for overall implementation of the HRH 2030 project that is funded by USAID. The incumbent reports to the Project Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating with different CHAM sections and HRH2030 in developing annual and monthly activity plans.
- Leading the implementation of all activities under the HRH2030 project.
- Monitoring progress of implementation including site visits.
- Leading the annual, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting on the HRH2030 project in compliance with the reporting guidelines.
- Coordinating with the supported facilities and HRH2030 to report on CHAM cost share.
- Coordinating with the supported HCWs to ensure timely submission of timesheets.
- Providing technical support to all CHAM facilities that will be implementing the project.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management or Social Sciences obtained from a recognized University.
- At least two years’ experience in project management field
- Experience in managing health related projects will be added advantage.
- Proven track record in implementing and managing of health related and development programs funded by development partners,
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Good understanding of church-based health care delivery.
- Mature with good sense of judgment.
- Very good communication and facilitation skills.
- Sound knowledge of monitoring and evaluation projects.
- Computer literate with an ability to use excel, word and power point.
- Willingness to travel to the field at least 50% of the time.
- Interested candidates must download a standard Employment Application Form from the CHAM website, at www.cham.org.mw.
- Candidates must submit a completed Employment Application Form, recent CV with three traceable referees and a covering letter to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The e-mail’s subject line must include the post being applied for
- Applications must be received by close of business on 15th June 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.