Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO)
Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. MACRO’s Vision is ‘A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social wellbeing’ and its Mission is ‘to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population.
With funding from USAID through World Education Inc. (Bantwana), MACRO is implementing the Ana Patsogolo Activity (APA) focusing on Orphaned and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in Mangochi district. In order to efficiently and effectively execute its mandate, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Project Manager tenable in Mangochi.
Reporting to the Head of Programs, the Program Manager will be responsible for guiding the Strategic direction of the OVC Program in Mangochi district.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and lead the implementation of OVC and AGYW program at district level
- Coordinate stakeholders involved in community development of OVC and AGYW in their interface with the sectors of health and education.
- Coordinate the implementation of parenting training for young mothers and for parents of adolescent girls and young women.
- Coordinate the strengthening of facility-community referral systems in line with case management approach and the case management actors.
- Represent MACRO in technical OVC and AGYW related meetings, and other collaborative events.
- Liaise with the M&E team in tracking and reporting related targets
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual reports detailing the project progress.
- Provide oversight with appropriate case documentation, records/data management and reporting.
- Lead the development of service directory for health, education, nutrition, social, HIV and AIDS services
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Masters’ Degree in Public Health, Social work, Community Development or other related qualifications.
- Five years of mid-to senior level management experience in developing, implementing and evaluating OVC, AGYW, GBV protection, livelihood, and/or public health programs
- Experience in capacity building and positive parenting training skills
- Experience in USG-funded projects is an advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention, counselling and testing and, behaviour change interventions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of case management, community-facility linkages, integration of multiple programmes and activities across the continuum of care.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge in financial management and budgeting
- Good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required. Numerical skills for data analysis are required.
- Detailed knowledge of community based services, structures, national policies and programmes.
- Good knowledge of administrative requirements, budgeting and fiscal management in support of sub-awards and contracts.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Conflict resolution and management skills
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications is Thursday, 14th October, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.