Vacancy: Project Community Facilitator
Location: Chibvala EPA
Type of contract: Fixed term (2 years) and Full-time
Title: Project Community Facilitator
Reports to: Projects Coordinator
Purpose of position: To implement project activities as required by Greenlivelihoods under Environmental Awareness Project (EAP) which is funded by CISU (Civil Society Fund of Denmark) with technical support from Seniors without Borders (SwB). The EAP project entails incentivising the youth to engage in climate smart agricultural entrepreneurship with environmental conservation in mind. In this project, Greenlivelihoods as part of its core mandate is focusing on the youth as drivers of agrarian, green society enterprise commercialization and sustainable food systems development change in Malawi.
- Facilitate implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project deliverables
- Provide technical and administrative support in the implementation of EAP planned activities
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders (Anchor Farmers, local leaders, Ministry of Agriculture, Youth Networks, Markets other NGOs) to ensure appropriate programming strategies are developed, refined and implemented for the target population (the youth)
- Facilitate mobilization and capacity building/trainings for the youth groups/farmers on Rural Integrated Participatory Agricultural Transformation (RIPAT) approach and improved agronomic practices plus farming as a business.
- Facilitate beneficiary selection in collaboration with Government/EPA staff and community leaders.
- Work in partnership with other Greenlivelihoods’ Officers in the planning, implementation and reporting of EAP interventions.
- Undertake value chain analysis and facilitate market linkages and link beneficiaries with other projects as applicable.
- Be responsible for management of the project budget expenditure levels in accordance with the acceptable limits and standards as per approved budget.
- Ensure timely production of weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports for the project.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions and learning events in the EAP and EPA activities
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A Diploma in Agriculture from a recognized University with at least 2 years of relevant experience. A degree and relevant experience will be an added advantage.
- Community development knowledge and willingness to work and live in a rural environment.
- Knowledge and experience in facilitating small enterprise development, youth economic empowerment and irrigation development interventions and trainings.
- Computer literacy (word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to ride a motorbike will be an added Preference will be given to applicants who have practical experience of the project area and especially those who have agribusiness and farming living experience in the area.
- Youth and women practicing farmers in the project area, meeting the above qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply
- NB: Greenlivelihoods is an equal opportunity employer advancing equal rights for all
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications (cover letter and CV) to the following address no later than 12:00 noon. 27th January 2021:
P.O. Box 338
Note: All applications that will be submitted later than the stated date and time, will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.