Blantyre Synod Health and Development Commission (BSHDC)
Blantyre Synod Health and Development Commission (BSHDC) is the Health and Development arm of the CCAP Blantyre Synod, serving the Southern Region of Malawi and part of Ntcheu District. BSHDCworks in four thematic areas: Health, Livelihoods, Orphans, and other Vulnerable Children (OVC), and Governance. BSHDC is a member of the N’zatonse consortium, a grouping of development partners and faith-based organisations that are implementing a project entitled Program for Reproductive Health – N’zatonse Project, with funding from the German Government through KfW. The Joint Country Program (NCA-DCA) is lead agency among the faith-based organisations. BSHDC is seeking the services of qualified personnel for N’zatonse SRHR project which will be implemented in Thyolo and Blantyre Districts.
Position: Project Accountant
Reporting to: The Head of Finance and Administration
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and end of project financial reports
- Preparing and updating the project’s risk register and asset register
- Monitoring and controlling expenditure to ensure that appropriate action is taken by management to curtail any foreseeable negative impact on the project and the Commission’s operations.
- Updating the project’s procurement plan in collaboration with procurement and logistics team.
- Assist programme team in liquidation of advances.
- Assist in payment of allowances to participants during project activities.
- Preparation of payments to vendors on the N’zatonse project according to the established approval procedures, ensuring that payment requisitions are properly supported and authorized, and that statutory and all other payments as required are made on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that effective internal financial controls are implemented
- Review of project documents to ensure all payments are duly sanctioned and have the required supporting documentation before submission to the donor.
- Participating in the preparation of project budgets in conjunction with the Head of Finance and Administration for approval by the relevant authority.
- Providing information and assistance to internal or external auditors.
Qualification and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance, with at least 3years relevant experience in project finance management in an NGO set up.
- Diploma in Accountancy or Finance, with at least 5 years’ relevant experience in project finance management in an NGO set up.
- Knowledge of sage revolution accounting package is a desirable
- High degree of integrity, morality, ethics, and professionalism.
- Competence in Microsoft excel and other related Microsoft office packages.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- An innovative and effective team player
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritize and meet competing deadlines.
Mode of Application
Submit your application, CV, copies of certificates, names and contacts details of at least three traceable referees, preferably one of whom you have recently reported to, to the following address by 16:00 hrs on Tuesday, 13th April, 2021.
The Executive Director
Blantyre Synod Health and Development Commission
P.O Box 413