The Programme Officer is the face and voice of Opportunity. The officer is responsible for selling the vision of Opportunity, building relationships and bringing more people toward financial inclusion and economic empowerment. He/she will form the link between the communities Opportunity serves and its mission. The officer must be a trusted, outgoing communicator who will present tailored, appropriate educational material (financial, business, digital, outreach) to a target market of the marginalised, under and un-banked to enable them to transform their lives, businesses and families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Training & Outreach:
- Deliver tailored, proven, community and client education models to introduce effective, impactful concepts to current/potential clients.
- Deliver community outreach campaigns to new communities, establishing positive relationships.
- Deliver staff education and training to partners as required.
- Train clients in financial literacy, business management, and additional business curricula, using different, appropriate, adult-instruction delivery models.
- Collect data to help track programmes using Opportunity’s systems. Report results and issues to appropriate specialist.
- Identify challenges and opportunities within the communities, tailor deliveries and/or seek new resources to meet needs.
- Act as a liaison between the communities and Opportunity.
- Identify opportunities for expansion of Opportunity’s programmes.
- Ethically champion and model the core values of Opportunity in the communities.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in community based education, particularly in programmes suited for the marginalised of society.
- A strong understanding of the target market and the value of community trust.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and committed to the goals, mission & values of Opportunity.
- Strong budgeting and business skills
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and consensus building skills
- A team player with excellent interpersonal, writing, speaking and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of microfinance banking products, operations and code of conducts.
- Excellent understanding of digital banking products and platforms.
- High level of computer literacy with packages such spreadsheets & word processing. Ability to use data entry programmes, tablets and other mobile technology.
- Local Language as required within target markets.
- Sufficient English abilities to communicate with global contacts.
- Achievement of established targets for field deliveries.
- Community leaders.
- Partner leaders.
- Transformation Manager & team members
- Opportunity Country Director
Travel to the community daily to deliver programmes and interact with the communities. Travel throughout target market communities and beyond to investigate expansion opportunities and respond to community requests.