Last Mile Health (LMH)
At Last Mile Health, we do things differently, despite the challenges. Are you an organized, problem-solver with a background in community health and program implementation looking to support a new team working in partnership with the Malawi Ministry of Health? If so, you might be our next Program Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Program Manager will work closely with the Country Director, Director of Programs and other Program team members to ensure that LMH’s strategic and programmatic priorities are executed in partnership with the Ministry of Health and its programming.
In this role, the Program Manager supports the overall, day-to-day running of the team and will be tasked with ensuring high levels of coordination amongst the Program team, MOH, working groups, and task forces, as well as, other community health stakeholders. The Program Manager will also carry out ad hoc projects and information gathering as assigned by the Director of Programs. Finally, the Program Manager will represent LMH by serving as a liaison with various stakeholders and attending coordination meetings.
What You’ll Do
- Alongside the Director of Programs, provide support to the MOH and existing partners to advocate for other ministries to integrate the National Community Health Strategy into their ongoing workstreams and budget requests
- Support the Director of Programs to track and manage project budgets
- Ensure the team workplan is best aligned to meet the timelines and needs of government and NGO partners while supporting LMH’s strategic goals
- Organize and coordinate team logistics, operations, and finance needs and support the execution of internal and external meetings and events
- Support team knowledge management, program materials design, systems maintenance, and communications to other LMH departments
- Work closely with country management and LMH global teams to build relationships with the Government of Malawi and its partners and track stakeholder stewardship plans
- Support MOH meetings, technical working groups and other partnership engagements alongside senior program leadership team members
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in coordinating programs
- Demonstrated success in coordinating and managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated project management and data analysis skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with English fluency
- Ability to build relationships with senior level officials and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills with ability to management multiple priorities with a high level of independence in a time-sensitive manner
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have done this work in Malawi
- You have experience collaborating with government agencies at the national level
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world’s most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.