United States Embassy
The United States Embassy, Lilongwe, has an immediate vacancy announcement for the position of the Plumber.
- Completion of Secondary school is required; completion of vocational school or apprenticeship program, recognized as producing journeyman-skilled plumbers, or equivalent, is required.
- Must have served at least two years as an apprentice plumber and at least one-year working as a journeyman-plumber.
- Level III (good working knowledge) English and Chichewa required.
- Must have full knowledge of the plumbing trade and a thorough understanding of plumbing systems for large buildings and residential properties including: Hot/cold water and heating systems; water storage and pumping systems; waste water, drainage and sanitary systems; piping systems; general plumbing work including maintenance, repair and installation of fixtures, and other minor repairs to household equipment.
- Must be familiar with the local water distribution and supply conditions, and waste water disposal.
- Must be capable of recommending equipment and supplies to purchasing that are compatible with the local water system.
- Must be capable of, and have knowledge of, the standard tools of the plumbing trade, as well as, knowledge of hand held power tools such as drills and saws.
- The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with other trades and sections.
- Must be able to read and understand manuals, review drawings and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Must be able to solder braze metal piping, and also connect other types of piping as appropriate.
- Must be able to measure required piping and reduce the number of cut in order to reduce waste of supplies, times and unrequired joints.
- Must have a valid SADC driving license and a good driving record.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through the U.S. Government Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) available on this link; https://erajobs.state.govidos-era/mwi/vacancysearch/ searchVacancies.hms and we recommend that you use google chrome when accessing this site.
The full position description is available on the ERA. Please visit our website for more information; https://mw.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs
For any assistance on how to submit the application on ERA, please contact the Embassy Human Resources Office on; +265 1 773 166 ext: 3441.
Please note that we will not accept any application submitted in any other means other than ERA. Closing date is October 5th, 2018.