Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian organization working together with the Ministry of Health in Chiradzulu district on HIV program.
MSF-FRANCE is recruiting suitable candidates for the position of:
Patient Support Supervisor 1 position based Chiradzulu
The HIV/TB project of MSF France in Chiradzulu is looking for a Patient Support Supervisor to oversee our HIV Counselling and Education team. This team provides quality counselling and education to people living with HIV in Chiradzulu. This position provides the candidate with an opportunity to demonstrate strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate the implementation of patient support activities according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to empower patients to manage their illness and treatment, beyond the purely medical aspects of care
- Ensure an efficient and effective functioning of the counselling department while maintaining high levels of quality.
- Six-month contract renewable, including six weeks’ probation period
- Intended start date: Early June 2019
- Working hours: 07:30-16:30 Tuesday to Saturday. Schedule determined by Administration; occasionally on Mondays and public holidays, as flexibility is required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Diploma /Degree in Counselling or Social Work
- At least 2-year experience as HIV counsellor and educator
- At least 1-year experience as a supervisor or manager of patient support staff.
- High level of computer literacy
- Fluent in Chichewa and English.
Interested applicants should send a letter of motivation, a detailed CV, photocopies of certified academic documents and working certificates, and at least three referees to one of the following addresses:
By Mail: HR Manager Medecins Sans Frontieres — France P.O.Box 2736, Blantyre Malawi
NOTE: Please clearly indicate the position title on the application. Letters, CVs and any documentation included in application package will not be returned. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. MSF does not reimburse the possible costs for transportation for tests and interviews that may take place during the recruitment process. MSF is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fees.
Deadline to apply for this position: Friday, 24th May, 2019