Medecins sans Frontieres
Medecins sans Frontieres-Belgium is an international, medical, non-governmental humanitarian organisation that assists populations in distress in more than 60 countries around the world. In Malawi, MSF works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the local community in integrated HIV/AIDS projects in zonal districts such as Mwanza, Dedza, Zalewa, Nsanje etc.
PATIENT SUPPORT SUPERVISOR
To be based in Blantyre, with frequent travels to other project sites 6 Months Contract (renewable)
Join one of the foremost humanitarian organizations in the world in a key role supporting Mission goals as a core member of the Corridor Project. Reporting to the Patient Support Manager (PSU), the Patient Support Supervisor will develop, implement, and disseminate comprehensive a HIV/ART model of care for female sex workers (FSW) according to MSF protocols, maintaining confidentiality while producing the appropriate, updated documents for the team in order to support decision making processes.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the implementation and dissemination of a comprehensive HIV/ART and SRH model of care that is available to FSW Provide supportive supervision and mentorship to the Counsellor Educators (CE) and Community Health Workers (CHW) at the selected sites Build capacity of MSF & MoH staff for providing HTS, ART/TB & SRH (e.g., FP, STI screening, SGBV, condom and lubricant distribution etc.) counselling and health promotion (HP) to our key populations
- Documenting, Reporting and Program Monitoring
- Support the mapping and linkage to relevant actors
- Collaborate with internal and external partner’s
Required work experience
- Essential working experience in patient support, counselling or health promotion activities and in a supervisor position
- Experience working with key populations (e.g. FSW) would be an asset
- Work experience in MSF would be an asset
- Experience in operational research is a plus
- Health promotion, counselling, social work, psychology or other similar degree/diploma
- Medical knowledge, especially HIV related, is a plus.
- Has to be autonomous, creative and reach global objectives
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Fluent in English and Chichewa, written and spoken
- Excellent communication skills Experienced in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power point).
- Experience in a well-known, professionally recognised, international medical humanitarian organisation committed to advancing Human Resources practices for the benefit of employees and the communities they support
- Salary package and benefits comparable to other non-profit organisations.
Applications for the vacant post with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic, vocational certificates, should be submitted to the following address no later than midnight, Wednesday, January 9th, 2019. Attn to:
Administrator- Corridor Project, Medecins sans Frontieres Belgium, P. 0. Box 30353, Chichiri, BLANTYRE 3.
MSF appreciates all applicants but please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview