PSI Malawi is affiliated to Population Service International, a Washington DC based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi mission is to support low income and at risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi goals.
To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions
Outreach Clinic Nurses (16)
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Outreach Clinic Nurse will be responsible for the followings;
- Manage client flow at outreach clinics and assist in preparing clients for procedures
- Ensure the equipment for family planning (FP) procedures is cleaned and sterilized in line with set infection prevention standards and regulations
- Ensures that RH equipment and supplies are ready and available on a daily basis for outreach activities.
- Provide FP services according to PSI Malawi service delivery protocols during outreach clinics.
- Ensure that client counseling and education standards, including contraceptive choice, are adhered to at all times.
- Appropriately manage and refer complications and/or adverse events reported during outreach clinics.
- Providing Health Talks for clients to make informed decision
- Fill in required monitoring and evaluation forms.
- Technician Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery from a recognized Health Sciences Training institution with at least 2 years working experience in providing Family Planning Services
- Registered with Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi
- Trained in Infection prevention, Family Planning, HIS and WA will have an added advantage
- Oral and written communication skills, facilitation & negotiation skills.
- Energetic and eager to work in remote areas and spend 95% of the time in the field
- Self starter, Reliable and ability to work using own initiatives
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications should send the application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae by 23rd October, 2018, to the Head of Human Resources and Administration, PSI Malawi, P.O Box 30132, Area 28 Kanengo, Lilongwe or email to firstname.lastname@example.org