JOB TITLE: Operations Manager – Malawi PHIA, ICAP in Malawi
LOCATION: Lilongwe, Malawi
ICAP at Columbia University is an international non-profit organization that aims to ensure the wellness of families and communities by strengthening health systems around the world.
In partnership with the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), ICAP will conduct Population-based HIV Impact Assessments (PHIA) in specific PEPFAR-supported countries. Each PHIA will define the status of the national HIV epidemic, guide allocation of resources based on evidence, and integrate capacity building of Country stakeholders in the design, conduct, analysis, and use of PHIAs.
ICAP, in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is planning to conduct a PHIA to estimate the population-level impact of the national HIV prevention, care and treatment programs in Malawi. In addition to providing important programmatic information to the MoH and relevant stakeholders, this assessment of the national HIV program is of great value to HIV researchers and public health experts around the world.
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION
The Operations Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the Country Office, providing operational support, helping to create and maintain good organizational procedures and policies, and the development of operational budgets in collaboration with the Director of Administration and Finance and Project Director, Ensuring organizational effectiveness and efficiency by providing stewardship to the office’s operation functions and resources. Working with the senior management to implement ICAP Standard Operating Procedures and practices.
This position is grant funded.
Office Management and Administration
- Create, Implement, manage and maintain record keeping, confidential personnel files, and inventory control systems
- Oversee office property is adequately safeguarded and insured by general insurance. Ensure health and Safety policies are upheld at the office;
- Prepare, respond to and file correspondence on behalf of the office operations;
- Establish and maintain an inventory of office supplies and equipment and draft the disposition plan on project close;
- Designs, organizes and maintains specialized and custom forms, records, reports; files and logs to support both administrative and technical work processes in areas of assigned responsibility;
- Monitor office supply needs and utilities consumption, ensuring the office has all the necessities in plan all time;
- Taking lead with support from the Operations Assistant in sourcing of venues and negotiating costs wherever applicable to make sure there cost benefit to ICAP;
- Ensure all full time and short term assistance Foreign nationals have adequate support on transition to Malawi or visit on TDYs
- Supervision of the Operations Assistant/Receptionists and office cleaners, ensuring that they provide all the necessary support to the office
- Support the Director of Administration and Finance as change manager to implement all new operational changes
- Initiates and coordinates with the supervision of the Director of Administration and Finance all contractual agreements, including consultants, technical services agreements, and subcontracts. Including identification and negotiations to make sure ICAP get Value for Money.
- Ensure that contractual requirements are met, including timely renewals and reviews by maintaining a contracts tracker;
- Assess with Director of Administration and Finance that all contracts signed are compliant to both ICAP and funder requirements and ICAP standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that ICAP policies, procedures, donor regulations, and requirements are met at all times.
- Support the Director of Administration and Finance in the development all necessary Country Office specific operation policies like Inventory Management, Utilities usage, etc.;
- Generate management information including partner and staff contact list and and other communication monitoring systems.
- Send monthly contact list reports to ICAP New York and implementing ensuring the office has a fluid communication system.
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of operational support services and facilitating the coordination and communication between support functions.
- And any other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position in an International Organization
- Knowledge of United States Government standard provisions and rules and regulations
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Computer literate preferably Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Good interpersonal and team building skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Effective writing, verbal and listening communication skills;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Very effective organization and time management skills;
- Be flexible, honest and trustworthy and with sound work ethics;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy confidentiality concerning organization files.
No frequent travel/trips.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should email their applications, including a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter with a subject title “Operations Manager” to email@example.com .
Please do not attach any certificates when submitting on line.
The closing date for receiving applications is June 28th, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
ICAP is an equal opportunity employer, values inclusion and a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
NOTE: These are local hire positions and the successful candidates will be employees of ICAP in Malawi and subject to the local terms and conditions of employment which includes a competitive salary and benefits package.