Website One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Warehouse Officer is responsible for all daily warehouse operations. Namely: Receiving of stock, Issuing of stock, Stock Management, Warehouse cleanliness, Warehouse Security, and Casual workers management.
- Managing all warehouse activities regarding inputs receipts, storage, stacking, reconstitution, and dispatches.
- Ensuring that warehouse opening and closing register is being filled; proper custody of warehouse keys and padlocks.
- Responsible for warehousing best practices including housekeeping, ventilation, palletization, and stacking to ensure good quality of stored inputs.
- Assist in ensuring that the warehouse has enough manpower (casual laborers) during peak periods; ensure that all casual laborers have proper identification; casual laborers register is being filled and signed at all times, and processing casual laborers payment.
- Document all entries in the warehouse ledger concerning receipts, dispatches, and returns, and quantity and condition of inputs.
- Register and supervise casual laborers on the daily activities of the warehouse.
- Assist in preparation and submitting to the Logistics Supervisor all daily inputs movement, reports with attached Goods received a note, Delivery note, and solar faults.
- Immediately report to the Logistics Coordinator on any notable pilferage or rodents and proposed ways to control them.
- Casual Supervision
- Holds Warehouse Team accountable and trains them when necessary
- Checks Stacks and Counts
- Liaise with the WH Guards and perform weekly security checks of the warehouse
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 1+ years of experience in Stock / Warehouse Management.
Software/Computer Requirements: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Education: Diploma in Supply Chain, Logistics or other relevant field preferred. An advanced Diploma will be an advantage.
- Language Requirements: 1 – Written and spoken fluency in Chichewa required, 2 – Written and spoken proficiency in English required
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Malawi.
29 September 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.