Website One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for all logistics operations at the warehouse and for upholding all policies outlined in the Logistics Global Policy Manual. The Logistics Supervisor oversees all receipt, storage, distribution, reconciliation, and security of inventory at the warehouse. This includes performing daily tasks associated with the Warranty Program. He / She is responsible for accurately completing, organizing, storing, and submitting to HQ all warehouse documentation. He / She will also be responsible for temporary hires, organize pay and ensure the security of all staff at the warehouse.
The Logistics Supervisor will be reporting to the Country Logistics Lead.
DOCUMENTATION & REPORTING
- Accurately completing, organizing, storing and submitting all required warehouse transactions and receiving documents. (TMS, Delivery Note, WH Receipt, QC Receiving Sheet, Stock Count, and Count Tags, Inventory Transfer, Repackaging Receipt, etc.)
- Immediately alerting HQ with any suspected theft, fraud, unexpected disappearance of inputs, or tampering with inputs, regardless of quantity.
- Ability to facilitate on-site inspection of all warehouse documents at all times by internal or third-party auditors
ASSETS MANAGEMENT AND PHYSICAL COUNT:
- Managing all ASSETS in a good condition and well organized manner.
- Conduct Monthly Stock check of all Assets – inventory item
- Overseeing the receiving of all asset into the warehouse and at HQ
- Conducting the Receiving Q/C Process when required
- Ensuring all assets are kept safely, at all times, in accordance with Global Policy
- Maintaining a well-organized warehouse layout with allowances for perimeter space, staging areas for truck loading, and adequate space between stacks
- Assist in conducting Monthly Stock Counts in accordance with Global Policy and Stock Count Training
- Assist in conducting Weekly Stock Counts and daily cycle counts during Core Input Distribution
- Maintaining a clean warehouse at all times with no clutter, trash, or spilled inputs on the ground or anywhere within the warehouse
- Maintaining the security and integrity of all inputs and accepting ultimate responsibility for any damage or loss of any inventory
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Maintaining protective clothing and gear in good condition and ensuring its availability for all workers at the warehouse
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- Ensuring clean and sanitary washing and toilet facilities for all staff
- Signing for responsibility of all inputs leaving the warehouse and returning to the warehouse
- Communicating transport requirements with transport company/contact.
- Load trucks and ensure the quality and quantity of products loaded match TMS information
- Handle returns properly to avoid damages
- Direct contact person with shop managers on deliveries.
- Coordinate transport needs on Buyback /Commercialization projects .
- Responsible for replenishing AIP Shop stock in time.
- Monitor Buyback / Commercialization movements between supplier/warehouse and shops.
- Monthly reconciliation on stock under Buyback / Commercialization projects.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Work Experience (1+ years): Broad knowledge of and experience in supply chain and warehouse management required. Previous experience in leadership or managing teams required1+ years of experience in Logistics ( Warehousing and Transport
- Software/Computer Requirements: Proficiency in Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions) required
- Education: Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Supply Chain, Logistics or other relevant field , BA in Business Administration ( advantage )
- Seasonal Hours – Willing to work long hours, six days a week, during Core Input Distribution (Mid October thru Mid November )
- Character Traits – Demonstrates humility, leadership and ability to accept and apply feedback, task oriented with the ability to stay organized under pressure
- English – a must
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Malawi.
28 September 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.