Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation - Malawi
The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation — Malawi (BCMCF-M) is a not-for-profit organization working in partnership with the Malawi government in the health sector. Our mission is to improve the health and lives of HIV-infected children and families and children with cancer and blood disorders through high quality, high impact, ethical, state of the art comprehensive care and treatment, training of health professionals and clinical research. We are situated within the Kamuzu Central Hospital premises, opposite Kamuzu College of Nursing. BCMCF-M is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Nurse — Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
Reporting to the Nursing Officer and the Pediatrics haematology oncology specialist, the Nurse will participate in the day-to-day operations of the pediatric hematology-oncology ward and outpatient, and be responsible for providing high-quality care to patients. He/She will assist in the assessment of patients, Perform evidence-based nursing assessments of patients including assessment of vital signs, subjective history, and head-to-toe assessment. Administer chemotherapy as per established nursing practice guidelines of the PHO COE including use of the chemotherapy checklist Preparation of chemotherapy as per established Standard Operating Procedures.
Experience required for completely satisfactory performance in this job:
- Performance of complete nursing assessment for pediatric patients
- Teaching of and communicating with patients/families without a formal education
- Ability to work in high-stress clinical environment
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary clinical team
- Bedside and small group teaching skills
- Documenting accurately and comprehensively the nursing assessment
- Effective communication within a clinical team
- Monitoring of patients undergoing sedation for procedures
- Performing blood draws and placing IV cannulas
- Accessing and managing central indwelling intravenous lines
- Registered Nurse (RN), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Current nursing license through Registered with the Nurses Council of Malawi
- Proficiency in English & Chichewa
Those with an Oncology knowledge and experience will have an added advantage.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should address their applications marked “PHO application”, including a detailed Curriculum Vitae and names of three traceable referees, who are not relatives to:
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should address their applications, including a detailed Curriculum Vitae and names of three traceable referees who are not relatives to:
The Executive Director
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation-Malawi
Closing date for receiving applications is on 24th September, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.