Agricultural Research and Extension Trust (ARET)
The Agricultural Research and Extension Trust (ARET) is mandated to conduct research on tobacco and allied crops and provide extension to tobacco farmers. The Trust is seeking experienced motor vehicle drivers to join its workforce at ARET Head Office in Lilongwe.
Applications are therefore invited as follows:-
Post : Motor Vehicle Driver
An experienced driver, the incumbent will be expected to drive the Trust’s vehicles to a competent and safe standard, while ensuring that pedestrians, motorists and passengers on the roadway are protected.
Qualifications and Experience
- Malawi Schools Certificate of Education (MSCE)
- Valid Class D Driving Licence plus Professional Permit
- Sound knowledge of Traffic Rules and Regulations
- At least 5 years relevant work experience of driving motor vehicles
- Applicants with a Defensive Driving Certificate and a Trade Test Certificate will have an added advantage.
The incumbent will, among other duties, be required to:
- Drive officers to designated destinations safely and deliver products within deadlines
- Maintain the vehicle clean and safe
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Maintain driving log
- Report any accidents or injuries to supervisors immediately
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for a role in a particular productive team where you can make a real difference, please submit your application together with copies of certificates and driving license plus a detailed Curriculum Vitae with your contact details, and names and addresses and contact numbers of three traceable referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer, ARET, Private Bag 9 LILONGWE
To reach him not later than Wednesday, 20th June, 2018. ARET is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from both qualified male and female candidates.