Farm Radio Trust
Farm Radio Trust (FRT) is an indigenous Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), whose main goal is promotion of information for sustainable livelihoods of farmers through innovative agriculture extension and advisory service delivery using radio enhanced by ICTs.
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist
Supervisor Title: Director of Programs
Overall Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Type of Employment: One Year Contract Position, renewable based on funding availability and performance.
Position Location: FRT offices with travel to project sites
- Job Summary:
This position is aimed at contributing towards tracking the outcome and impact of the FRT vision of information for sustainable livelihoods for farmers through dissemination of sound, evidence-based and scientifically proven agricultural technologies and services in all fields of agriculture and rural development. Specifically, the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist shall lead in the design and implementation of FRT digital monitoring, evaluation and learning systems for sustainable livelihoods. He/she will ensure capacity building of FRT partners and stakeholders in monitoring digital extension and advisory services.
- Key Responsibilities/Tasks
- Task # 1: Coordinate the development of a comprehensive overall monitoring and evaluation framework, toolkits including performance indicators and benchmarks for each aspect of the organization’s life including specific projects/initiatives to ensure transparency and accountability in compliance with the organization’s overall strategic directions;
- Task # 2: Lead the development of quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports and produce a synthetic and analytical progress report to guide management decision-making based on specific reports;
- Task # 3: Train FRT staff and partners on the use of Monitoring and Evaluation tools;
- Task # 4: Coordinate monitoring and evaluations of different projects including the strategic plan and their contribution to the achievement of overall results;
- Task # 5: Make recommendation and implement a systematic approach to integrate thematically defined results indicators across all project’s formulation/proposal development
- Task # 6: Develop and implement a comprehensive and standardized reporting framework with provisions for rigorous impact assessment;
- Task # 7: Oversee data management and to put in place systems and mechanisms for collecting data to monitor the development of defined indicators under the comprehensive reporting framework;
- Task # 8: Coordinate all research activities and dissemination to enhance organization service delivery and organizational learning; to improve efficiency and effectiveness of program delivery;
- Task # 9: Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation or relevant degree
- A post graduate degree in development is an added advantage
- At least 5- 10 years hands-on experience in monitoring evaluation and learning
- In-depth understanding and experience in communication and development programming.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Aptitudes
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Relevant experience in the design, management, implementation and monitoring of development programmes/projects
- Good data analysis and presentation skills
- Conversant with qualitative and quantitative monitoring tools and reporting
- Experience in capacity development of national stakeholders
- Proficiency skills in the usage of computers and office software packages
- Good communication and writing skills
- Willing to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Team player
- Prudent utilization of resources
- Decision Making Authority
a. General: The job requires offering sound and prompt solutions pertaining to monitoring, evaluation and learning for digital based extension
b. Technical: The job requires sound aptitude in computer skills, multitasking, content analysis and monitoring and evaluation
c. Financial Management: The job requires some understanding of project financial management including budgeting and compliance with donor requirements
- Contacts/Key Relations:
Internally: The position requires working with other technical specialist, radio production officers and content experts,
Externally: The position requires sound relationship and contact with knowledge partners, ICT hubs and other stakeholders at technical level especially in value chain issues.
This scope of work only serves as a guide for the position available and FRT reserves the right to make necessary changes.
- Benefits/Rewards of Job:
FRT will offer competitive salary and related benefits commensurate with the position and experience.
- How To Apply
Send your CV with three traceable referees, and motivation letter highlighting relevant achievements to [email protected] quoting the position applying for in the subject line.
Closing day for receiving applications is 18th April 2022.