Alliance One Tobacco (Malawi) Limited
Alliance One Tobacco (Malawi) Limited is a subsidiary of a trusted provider of responsibly sourced, independently verified, sustainable and traceable agricultural products and ingredients, operating in Malawi servicing the needs of its shareholders and their customers. A career opportunity has arisen in our organisation for the position of Mechanical Workshop Foreman in the Agronomy Department.
MECHANICAL WORKSHOP FOREMAN
The successful applicants will report directly to the Transport Manager
- Maintain the company’s tractors, engines and vehicles.
- Conducting routine services to the company’s farm machinery.
- Supervising and allocating work to mechanics working under him.
- Planning, Controlling, and coordinating workshop activities.
- Controlling and ensuring the safe storage of various spare parts.
- Maintaining records of farm machinery.
Qualification & Experience
- Must have Certificate in Mechanics from a recognized Technical College, a City and Guilds of London Diploma in Mechanical Engineering will be an added advantage.
- Must have not less than five years practical experience in maintenance of tractors.
- Must have good working relations with his/her subordinates.
- Must be prepared to travel long distances and work during odd hours.
- Must have the ability to properly allocate duties to subordinates working under him/ her.
- Must have the ability to identify mechanical faults and recommend the right spare parts for rectification of the fault.
- Must be trustworthy and a self starter.
- Must be between 30 and 40 years of age
Those who meet the required qualifications and experience should send their application letters clearly marked “MECHANICAL WORKSHOP FOREMAN” together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with names of three traceable referees to the address below before 27th June 2018:-
The HR Services Administrator, Alliance One Tobacco (Malawi) Limited, P.O Box 30522 Capital City LILONGWE 3.
Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.