Save the Children International
Save the Children is seeking the services of a MEAL Coordinator who will oversee data management and all other MEAL functions in all projects and programme in the Central and Northern Region of Malawi Country Office. This will be aimed at ensuring that data is consistently and systematically captured and stored in all projects and programmes under his/her jurisdiction. He/She will be responsible for providing support to MEAL staff in the Central and Southern Region their day-to-day work, ensuring both data and MEAL systems in general are functional. He/She will ensure all projects and programmes have key MEAL tools and that staff, communities and partner staff are well trained on how to use the tools. He/she will also ensure that all concerned parties are well conversant with key data management processes and general MEAL concepts and skills to ensure that data management and other MEAL processes for all projects and or programmes are consistently and systematically managed.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- At least 5 years’ hands-on experience in delivering MEAL functions e.g. designing, maintenance of databases and development of tools.
- Sound understanding of and ability to apply quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, including survey design, and data entry and analysis
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to effectively use different data analysis packages (SPSS, Excess, STATA and similar statistical packages).
- Familiarity with mobile data collection platforms such Kobo Collect, ODK or Survey CTO.
- High level of understanding and ability to critically review research/evaluation reports by independent consultants.
- Ability to communicate scientific data to communities, program staff, and partners in simple and clear manner.
- Good personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in challenging environment from time to time
- Ability to work within a multicultural setting.
- Experience of working in a busy INGO environment
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven, high-performance environment, and meet tight deadlines and multiple demands for M&E support from a results-driven team.