Pakachere Institute of Health and Development Communication
Pakachere Institute of Health and Development Communication is one of the leading local health and development communication NGO in Malawi. Its mission is to empower Malawians, particularly the vulnerable, to choose and sustain healthy behaviors, through evidence-based health and development communication, community mobilization and advocacy.
Pakachere IHDC with support from ActionAid through FPAM is implementing a Global Fund project among key populations in Malawi. The aim of the project is to reduce HIV transmission among female sex workers and improve the quality of life of key populations living with HIV in the country. The project is implementing activities that demonstrate marked improvements in access to and uptake of HIV testing. care and support and treatment services in four districts: Thyolo, Mulanje, Nkhatabay and Nkhotakota.
Pakachere therefore invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
M&E Assistant (2)
Based in Blantyre. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be working under the direct supervision of the M&E Manager and in close coordination with the Project Manager. The M&E Assistant will support the M&E Manager as well as the Programme team in data collection and entry, supporting effective use and management of the organizational M&E system, analysis of the data gathered and generation of reports. conducting learning and sharing sessions based on the monitoring reports for improvements in project delivery. He/she will also ensure accountability and efficiency from start to finish for the project. Duties &
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information: establishing entry priorities.
- Processes source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to responsible officer for resolution.
- Enters program data in a timely and efficient way, adhering to established deadlines.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verifies entered data by reviewing. correcting, deleting, or reentering data, purging files to eliminate duplication of data in consultations with the M&E Assistant and Program Manager
- Support the collection of data from designated hotspots and Health facilities on a monthly basis
- Tests system changes and upgrades where necessary by inputting new data: reviewing output.
- Secures information by completing database backups.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and reporting requirements
- Maintains clients and Pakachere IHDC partners’ confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Support the M&E Manager to ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support and participate in program and project evaluations.
- Support the M&E Manager in generating standardized reports for program management on a monthly/quarterly basis, as appropriate.
- Willing to travel at least 30% of the time within his/her allocated district
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Support M&E Manager in reviewing donor reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time for this grant/program.
- Review and analyze weekly reports with the M&E Manager to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
Qualifications & Experience
- Hold a Diploma/Degree in Information Technology or any related qualification
- A minimum 2 to 3 years experience in monitoring, including data collection and data management.
- Good command of SPSS. Excel and Microsoft Word and have experience using databases. Knowledge of DHIS II and working with key populations will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be result and detail-oriented and able to work independently.
- Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation for multiple funded projects desired.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English and Chichewa.
Duration of the project The duration of the project is 3 years starting from January 2018 and ending on 31st December 2020
Mode of Application
Applications should contain: A letter of application, Curriculum Vitae, and copies of academic certificates, address and contacts of at least two traceable referees.
Applications should be sent to the following address to be received on or before 11:30 pm Friday, 15th June 2018.
The Human Resource Officer, Pakachere Institute of Health and Development Communication, Delamere House, 4th Floor, P.O Box 30248, Blantyre 3, Malawi