Medical Care Development International (MCDI)
The Malaria Clinical Technical Advisor/Specialist for the PMI Impact Malaria Malawi will act as MCDI’s key representative within the project and will be responsible for overseeing the planning, coordination, and execution of all malaria activities at the regional, district, and facility-level for improved delivery of malaria-related services. S/he will liaise with and maintain productive collaborative relationships with in-country partners such as 1) PMI Impact Malaria Consortium (PSI/MCDI/Jhpiego/ UCSF/Global Health and Sciences/ MEI; 2) PMI/Country team and other PMI implementing partners; 3) Ministry of Health/National Malaria Control Program and other departments; 4) other stakeholders working in malaria, such as local NGOs, private sector representatives, WHO country office, etc.
Project: PMI Impact Malaria
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Position Type: Full-Time
Supervisor: Senior Program Manager, IMPACT Malaria
Essential Job Functions:
- Work in close collaboration with the Chief of Party and Senior Technical Advisor to develop tools and strategies to address all malaria-related activities for improved patient outcomes;
- Provide Case Management training and continued adaptation of materials for the enhanced case management (clinical) supervision process: Materials for the malaria case management (clinical) supervision process, based on mentoring concepts, will be drafted and vetted as needed with the NMCP.
- Provide technical support and coordination for supportive supervision (OTSS+)
- Act as key representative of MCDI in coordination with Home Office Senior Program Manager;
- Contribute to strategic planning, implementation, and monitoring of malaria-related functions such as treatment and diagnosis;
- Provide technical leadership on implementation and use of treatment protocols, improved quality of supportive supervision and quality assurance/quality control;
- Provide case management training and continued adaptation of materials for the enhanced clinical and supervision process;
- Track and report on accomplishments of activities within the work plan;
- Provide technical leadership in the planning and implementation of therapeutic efficacy studies (TES)
Other functions will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Assist in the dissemination of the malaria case management (diagnostic and treatment) policy
- Submit weekly written /or verbal (during weekly calls) updates on the work undertaken under each of the areas described above, significant achievements, challenges, and plans for the coming week.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A clinical or medical degree in a health-related field required; a Masters’ degree is a plus
- A minimum of five to ten years’ professional experience in malaria programs including diagnosis, treatment, control either in an academic, research and/or program setting
- Experience in project management, managing staff and resources to execute research or field implementation programs is required
- Experience working with malaria donors such as USAID PMI, World Bank, Global Fund, and DfID is preferred
- Experience in writing scientific reports, manuscripts, and peer-reviewed publications is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player and makes her/himself available as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proficient in the use of the standard Microsoft Office package with particular experience using Words, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Compensation will be based on USAID FSN scales. Position will be open until filled.