Africa University of Diplomacy, Counseling and International Relations (AUDCIR)
Africa University of Diplomacy, Counseling and International Relations (AUDCIR) is an institution of higher learning that was established to promote sustainable socio-economic development through provision of innovative education that adds value to Africa’s greatest human resource Its main objective is to build intellectual capacity for effective delivery of Diplomacy, Counseling. Youth Development and International Relations services
As part of the University’s ongoing commitment to providing uncompromised services, the university has embarked on a strategic process of developing and strengthening its functions. AUDCIR wishes to appoint full time lecturers and other administrative staff to contribute effectively to the vision and mission of AUDCIR.
AUDCIR therefore invites applications from qualified candidates for the following positions within the University:
Faculty of Arts
Department of Diplomacy and International Relations (DIR) Diplomacy and International Relations -Lecturers 2 with PhD, and 5 with Masters: Candidate should have a PhD/Masters in Diplomacy and International Relations, International Development, Peace and Conflict Studies and/or International Policy and Leadership. Candidates should also be research active, have excellent teaching abilities at both UG and PG levels and possess relevant administrative skills. Candidates whose teaching and research is interdisciplinary are particularly encouraged.
Department of Guidance and Counselling (G&C)
Guidance and Counselling Lecturers 2 with PhD, and 4 with Masters:
Candidate should have a PhD/Masters in Guidance and Counselling, Sociology, Psychology and be research active, have excellent teaching abilities at both UG and PG levels and possess relevant administrative skills. Candidates whose teaching and research is interdisciplinary are particularly encouraged_
Department of Youth Development Youth Development
Lecturers 1 with PhD, and 3 with Masters:
Candidate should have a PhD/Masters in Youth Development, be research active, have excellent teaching abilities at both UG and PG levels and possess relevant administrative skills. Candidates whose teaching and research is interdisciplinary are particularly encouraged..
To take a leading role in developing and enhancing the research, teaching and enterprise activities of the University in the areas of Diplomacy and International Relations, Governance, Guidance and Counseling, Psycho-social Support services and Youth Development services in support of the University’s Strategy and in building excellence.
Job Duties Research
- To pursue a personal research program consistent with the research priorities of the University that increases the global visibility and reputation of the University_
- To secure external research funding.
- To supervise and manage research projects
- To publish the outcomes of research in outlets of international standing.
- To supervise postgraduate students at Masters and Doctoral levels.
- To lead and collaborate in research initiatives with colleagues both within the University and externally
- To work with colleagues in University to deliver an exceptional learning
environment for students.
- To teach and inspire postgraduate students, and to conduct associated assessments.
- To provide academic and pastoral support to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- To promote the use of a range of methods and techniques in teaching, learning and assessment
- To engage in the evaluation and development of modules for which you have responsibility, in terms of content, delivery and assessment.
- To be responsible for the initiation, design and content of specific areas of teaching and learning within the university’s postgraduate programmes.
- To lead colleagues in the continuous review and development of the School’s taught programmes and the curriculum.
The successful candidates should have a considerable professional experience to deliver high quality student experience across undergraduate and postgraduate programmes of study and the candidate should be prepared to support students on all mode of delivery (Full time, Part time, Block Release, Weekend and Evening).
All applications with copies of current CV should be addressed to
Appointment and Recruitment Committee
Africa University of Diplomacy, Guidance, Counselling and International Relations
P.O. Box 1376
Not later than 15 October 2019.