Last Mile Health
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we make bold commitments that inspire innovation and we dig data. Do you have experience working alongside Ministries of Health in information and technology projects? If so, you might be an excellent fit for the Digital Health Specialist role.
Working in close partnership with the Ministry of Health in Malawi, LMH is supporting the government to implement the Health Sector Strategic Plan II. The Digital Health Specialist will work with the Malawi Country Team to provide flexible technical support to Malawi’s MoH to design and implement the Integrated Community Health Information Systems (iCHIS). Additionally, LMH has also taken on a leadership role to support the MoH to design and develop an eLearning platform for Continued Professional Development (CPD) for health workers.
Reporting to the Malawi Digital Health lead, the Digital Health Specialist will work closely with the MoH, the Director of Programs, and the Global Digital Health team, to provide technical inputs into these systems, and other systems identified, to better ensure the needs of community members are represented.
What You’ll Do
- Support the MoH, in collaboration with the Digital Health Department (DHD) leadership with the design and implementation of health technology tools to improve the quality of community health activities.
- Support DHD to conduct user testing, run feedback sessions with systems users, and gain feedback on iCHIS by designing and implementing assessment tools.
- Work with stakeholders and LMH’s Global Digital Health team to support the technical requirements writing for upcoming iCHIS developments.
- Provide technical expertise and design su999pport around the development of integrated program supervision tools and processes for national and district level actors.
- Provide technical expertise and design support around the design of the eLearning tools used for CPD.
- As needed, support DHD in the deployment, maintenance, and improvement of their Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools, and improve systems and processes for digital health logistics management.
- Support DHD in designing and coordinating district level activities for digital health and information systems, particularly around partner harmonization, technical working group coordination, and improving program quality and data use.
- Support efforts to improve outcomes-driven programmatic design based on expertise and partnership with MOH, accompanied by quality indicators and feedback loops to channel learning back into the Health Sector Strategic Plan II and National Community Health Strategy implementation.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematical Sciences, Information Technology/systems or a related field and several of demonstrated work experience in digital health, health system design, and/or information systems
- Demonstrable success in supporting and advocating with high-level officials and stakeholders in managing policy with a range of stakeholders across sector
- Experience designing Digital Health or ICT4D systems in field settings, such as healthcare information systems and data collection applications.
- Experience in implementing digital solutions including troubleshooting, inventory management, and deploying software updates
Strong understanding of computer and programming logic
- Availability for up to 25% domestic and some international travel
- Demonstrated success in designing and leading health systems strengthening programs in partnership with government and best practices in global and digital health
- Experience establishing new national-level programs, protocols and procedures in complex environments, ideally in a community health or global health setting
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have an advanced understanding of community health systems
- You have experience developing on backend frameworks
- You have experience working with IT hardware vendors, software engineers, government IT professionals
- You can demonstrate ability to manage complex technical project and team dynamics
- You have strong IT skills, with particular familiarity with Windows 10 and Android Operating Systems
- You have an eagerness to learn new IT concepts and analytic techniques within challenging, real-world condition
- You have experience in DHIS2, DHIS2 Collect, or Moodle
Compensation and Benefits Information
As LMH strives to increase transparency into our compensation principles we are highlighting below more details around our compensation policy and benefits associated with this position. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Compensation range: $25,000 – $45,000 dependent upon experience in an equivalent role. You can read about our competitive benefits offerings here.
Principles guiding our compensation policy:
- Data Driven: We benchmark salaries against large datasets containing compensation data from organizations with whom we compete for talent. We benchmark salaries for specific roles and specific candidate experience.
- Competitive: Candidates should be paid the most competitive salaries possible for their position given budgetary constraints. We aim to pay above market, typically between the 50th-60th percentile of the market.
- Transparent: Compensation policies should be transparent and easily understood. We want all candidates to understand how we set salaries and to know we aim to pay competitively.
- Equitable: Compensation should be implemented consistently across candidates of different identities, teams, and geographies, while keeping into account the different talent markets and economies we operate in.
- Responsible: LMH needs to operate in a sustainable way and practice good stewardship of our resources.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.