Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Medecins Sans Frontieres, (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian organization working together with the Ministry of Health in Chiradzulu district on HIV program. MSF-FRANCE is recruiting suitable candidate for the position of
Laboratory Technician based in Chiradzulu
- Participation in the collection, preparation, packaging, storage and shipment of blood samples: plasma, dried blood spots (MS) and dried plasma spots (DPS) and transportation to external laboratories.
- Performance of CD4 counts and other essential tests on patient blood samples.
- Ensuring timely provision of laboratory test results to clinical team
- Participation in laboratory quality system management.
- Participation in the collection of accurate and reliable laboratory data
- Assistance in stock management of laboratory consumables and making internal orders for consumables.
- Attendance of study related relevant meetings and/or trainings.
- Compliance with universal safety methods and procedures for collection, preparation and testing of biological specimen.
- Compliance with MSF terms of conduct,
- Other duties as assigned by field principal investigator.
Contract details –
- Six months contract, renewable on performance with 6 weeks probation period
- Intended start date: May 2019
Skills & Qualifications:
- Essential laboratory technician diploma; registered with the Medical Council of Malawi
- At least one year of technical Laboratory experience — essential
- Experience in HIV and molecular biology is an advantage
- Knowledge of Viral Load testing /CD4 counts is an advantage
- Desirable previous working experience with MSF or another NGO
- Fluent in English and Chichewa, both written and oral
- Empathic, team player, committed and respectful.
Interested applicants should send their written application letter (letter of motivation) with a detailed CV indicating postal address, day phone contacts, photocopies of certified copies of academic documents and working certificates and minimum three referees to the following addresses:
By Mail: HR Manager Medecins Sans Frontieres — France P.O.Box 2736, Blantyre Malawi
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Please clearly indicate the position title on the application. Letters, CVs and any documentation included in application package will not be returned. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test. MSFF does not reimburse the possible costs for transportation for tests and interviews that may take place during the recruitment process. Any individual found to canvas will automatically be disqualified.
Deadline for this position: 20th May 2019