Website Innovations for Poverty Action
POSITION: Field Officer (FO)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 18th June 2019
START DATE: 20th June 2019
LOCATION: Mangochi and Nsanje
REPORTING TO: Ellen Kapindo (Research Associate)
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT: 3 months – with possible extension
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture. We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct survey according to protocols of IPA
- Report progress and challenges regularly to Field Manager
- Familiarization with the missions of IPA
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in recording data
- Punctuality: both to determined daily schedule, scheduled meetings with local leaders, and any other meetings
- Maintain team cohesion and respect among team members
- Accurate daily reporting and tracking for oneself and within assigned team
- Demonstrate integrity and understanding during interaction with community members/leaders and partner organization staff
- Maintaining security and quality of project assets and materials
- A Bachelor’s Degree/College diploma or equivalent in any research related fields
- Familiarity with Survey CTO, ODK, or any electronic data collection softwares
- Excellent verbal communication skills in both English and Chichewa. Fluency in Yao a plus.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and excellent listening skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience conducting long surveys on tablets are a strong plus
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, apply by completing the CTO survey using this link by midnight June 18th, 2019:
In this link, you will be required to fill in your identification information, upload your CV, and answer practice survey questions. Your application will be considered only if you complete and submit the survey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer – Graduation Model. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.