Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM)
The Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) is an ecumenical umbrella association co-owned by Episcopal Conference of Malawi and Malawi Council of Churches. CHAM is the second largest provider of health services in Malawi, it has 179 Health Facilities and Training Colleges which are located in all parts of the country. These are situated in remote and hard to reach areas. The objectives of CRAM are to facilitate, provide technical support, and develop health services among all its member facilities in order to achieve equity in access to health care, patient care and in all matters, to act for the benefit of the people of Malawi. CHAM wishes to fill in the position of Information Communication Technology (ICT) Officer. This position reports to Head of Finance and Administration.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Assists in the development and implementation of CHAM IT Strategies and ensures that relevant operational plans exist to deliver those strategies.
- Helps in managing the local ICT security as well as developing mitigating measures against disasters
- Assists in strategically linking all aspects of the IT infrastructure, systems and applications in CHAM into a well-functioning integrated system
- Ensures resilient IT Infrastructure for business continuity.
- Ensures adherence to corporate standards, design and architectures
- Ensures the provisions of technical solutions and ICT systems to meet CHAM requirements.
- Assists in performing monthly HR payroll functions and ensure backup facilities are in place for CHAM
- Updates CHAM website with relevant information
- Maintains asset register for CHAM IT equipment
- Ensures that all Information Management Systems are appropriate, functional and able to serve the needs of key users.
- Ensures that local area network is maintained for use by CHAM staff and key partners.
- Supports M&E and Communication Team in organising and management of information and assist them with the development of information systems and data base.
- Assists in back-up applications (Mail, HR and Accounting Systems).
- Ensures Antivirus for users is active and up-to-date.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, or Information Systems
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in a similar position, in systems design and applications, including programming.
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Systems design, programming, network management, data base management skills for Micro Soft SQL, Micro Soft Exchange SYBase
- Knowledge of Accounting and HR software
- Very good project management skills
- Very good communication and organizational skills.
- Interested candidates must download a standard Employment Application Form from the CHAM website, at www.cham.org.mw
- Candidates must submit a completed Employment Application Form, recent CV with three traceable referees and a covering letter to the following address: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- The e-mail’s subject line must include the post being applied for.
- Applications must be received by close of business on 26th December, 2018. 5. Letters should be addressed to: HR Manager, CHAM Secretariat, P.O Box 30378, Lilongwe.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.