Northern Region Water Board
Northern Region Water Board is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced Malawian Nationals to fill one vacant position of Hydraulic Modelling Engineer tenable at Central Zone in Mzuzu.
Northern Region Water Board is a parastatal organization that was established in 1996 under the Water Works Act (Cap 72:01) of the Laws of Malawi. The core mandate of Northern Region Water Board is to supply potable water to urban, peri-urban and upcoming marketing centres in the Northern Region of Malawi.
Under the general supervision of the Zone Manager, the Hydraulic Modelling Engineer shall be responsible for developing and advising on design criteria for replacement and renewal of drinking water infrastructure. Using an integrated approach on the water distribution system, the engineer will ensure optimal current and future water supply within the applicable delivery and operational reliability requirements.
The Hydraulic Modelling Engineer shall be responsible for the following specific duties among others:
- Developing design criteria for replacement and renewal of drinking water infrastructure focusing on primary and secondary pipeline networks, treatment works, reservoirs, booster stations andpump design.
- Providing solicited and unsolicited advice on infrastructure design and operational management issues.
- Performing hydraulic analyses of the assigned clusters on the basis of current, reliable and calibrated network models.
- Independently designing water supply network models.
- Implementing development and research activities aimed at improving the quality of the analysis and modelling techniques used.
- Participating in the preparation of business cases, infrastructure planning and testing.
- Organizing knowledge sharing meetings on hydraulic modelling of drinking water infrastructure.
- Managing Hydraulic Modelling Software in liaison with the Information and Communication Technology Unit.
This position requires a mature, well qualified and experienced person. Therefore, candidates should have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil/Hydraulic/Water Engineering or Water Resources Management plus at least two years post qualification experience in network hydraulic modelling of water distribution and /or waste water collection systems.
- Ability to utilize GIS for analysis, model integration and figure generation.
- Proven proficiency in modelling software such as EPANET, Infowater, WaterCAD/GEMs and SewerCAD/GEMs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Northern Region Water Board shall offer an attractive package commensurate with qualifications, which shall include salary, medical cover, water allowance, and membership to a Contributory Group Pension Scheme.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application letters together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates or notification of results and two traceable referees must be submitted to the following address:-
Chief Executive Officer, Northern Region Water Board, Kawiluwilu House, Bloemwater Street, Private Bag 94 MZUZU
Application letters should reach the Chief Executive Officer not later than 31st May 2019.
Only short listed applications will be acknowledged. Northern Region Water Board is an equal opportunity employer.