Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO)
Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. MACRO’s Vision is ‘A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social wellbeing’ and its Mission is ‘to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population.
With funding from CDC, I-TECH Lighthouse Trust (LHT), Elizabeth Glazer Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), FHI360 and World Education Inc. (Bantwana) MACRO is implementing projects aimed at Achieving HIV Epidemic Control Through Quality HIV Testing Services amongst the general public, Key Populations (KP); Orphaned and Vulnerable Children (OVC); and Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) across all districts in Malawi. In order to efficiently and effectively execute its mandate, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to the position as listed below:
Role: HTS and KP Advisor (IMPACT)
The HIV Testing Services and KP Advisor will be responsible for developing strategies and monitor the implementation of HIV Testing Services and KP Programming in all IMPACT supported districts in line with donor requirements, National guidelines and organizational strategic objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and implementation of approaches in prevention, HIV Testing and Counselling Services, Key population services and other care and treatment services.
- Provide technical leadership in developing and adapting strategies and interventions to improve the quality and responsiveness of HIV testing and linkage services among men, Key population and AGYW program
- Support the design and implementation of prevention programs for special populations (such as FSW, MSM, AGWY).
- Supports collaboration among partners involved in HIV programs and promotes use of internationally recognized best practices and evidence-informed HIV prevention interventions/services
- Maintains strong and collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders of project including CDC, community organizations, MOH and other partners to support program implementation.
- Degree in Clinical Medicine/BSC in Nursing/ Laboratory Sciences
- MPH or Master’s degree in a health-related field
- Certified HTS supervisor and a National HTS Trainer
- 5 years’ experience working at leadership level in a PEPFAR supported program
- At least 3 years working knowledge of PEPFAR/CDC HIV prevention program priorities
Knowledge and Skills
- Superior partnering skills, exceptionally strong and highly effective working relationships with internal & external partners/stakeholders especially KP stakeholders
- An in depth understanding of KP programming with demonstrable evidence.
- Flexible to work at odd hours and travel 40 % of the work time
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft word, excel, outlook and power point
- Results oriented with a demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with competing priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
All interested applicants for the above positions are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday, 31 May, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.