JOB TITLE: Household Listers – Malawi PHIA, ICAP in Malawi
LOCATION: Lilongwe, Malawi
ICAP at Columbia University is an international non-profit organization that aims to ensure the wellness of families and communities by strengthening health systems around the world.
In partnership with the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), ICAP will conduct Population-based HIV Impact Assessments (PHIA) in specific PEPFAR-supported countries. Each PHIA will define the status of the national HIV epidemic, guide allocation of resources based on evidence, and integrate capacity building of Country stakeholders in the design, conduct, analysis, and use of PHIAs. ICAP, in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is planning to conduct a PHIA to estimate the population-level impact of the national HIV prevention, care and treatment programs in Malawi. In addition to providing important programmatic information to the MoH and relevant stakeholders, this assessment of the national HIV program is of great value to HIV researchers and public health experts around the world.
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION Reporting to the Team Leaders, the Listers will be responsible for the household listing of Malawi Population-Based HIV Impact Assessment.
This is a grant funded, Two months, Non-Renewable.
- Handle tablets and technology equipment with care;
- Practice best methods with tablets (charging battery, turning off Wi-Fi connectivity when not needed, etc.);
- With the Team Leader, identify the boundaries of the EA;
- Draw a detailed sketch map of the EA;
- List all the households in the EA in a systematic manner;
- Conduct 10% re listing of structures and their households for quality control after initial listing;
- Capture on hardcopy listing form information for households or structures that were newly found during quality control;
- Finalize listing of each EA and upload listing data to server;
- Communicate to the Team Leader problems encountered in the field and follow his or her instructions.
Bachelor degree or diploma in any discipline. Bachelor degree in nursing is highly preferred.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS:
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience in conducting national-level surveys.
- Knowledge of records management procedures.
- Demonstrated skills in team building and management.
- Strong skills in Data Quality Assurance.
- Prior experience with USG donor funding is an added value.
- Training in HIV and Hepatitis B counselling and testing is an advantage.
This position will be based at selected district or regions across Malawi.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should email their applications, including a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter with a subject title “Listers” to email@example.com
Please do not attach any certificates when submitting on line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The closing date for receiving applications is July 26, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. ICAP is an equal opportunity employer, values inclusion and a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment NOTE: These are local hire positions and the successful candidates will be employees of ICAP in Malawi and subject to the local terms and conditions of employment which includes a competitive salary and benefits package.