Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO)
Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a non-governmental organization that provides quality HIV prevention and treatment services to individuals, families and communities through static and outreach outlets in order to reduce HIV transmission and the impact of HIV and AIDS in Malawi.
MACRO is implementing the Achieving HIV epidemic control through quality HIV testing services: the PIVOT Project with support from Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of HIV Diagnostic Assistant (HDA)
Location : Zomba, Blantyre, Thyolo (6 positions)
Reporting to : HIV Diagnostic Supervisor
- Provide HIV Testing Services to clients according to National HIV Testing Guidelines for Malawi
- Provide health education talks to patients in Outpatient and Under 5 departments on the importance of HIV Testing.
- Support linkage of newly diagnosed HIV positive clients to HIV treatment
- Collecting data, keeping records, and writing reports
- Support quality assurance activities at the health facility
- Assisting in monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Must have Ministry of Health accredited HTS Certificate
- Must have MSCE or its equivalent
- Those trained in HIV Recency Testing, HIV Self Testing, or Active Index Testing shall have added advantage.
- Aged between 18 and 45 years
- Must be in a reasonably good health and clear state of mind
- Be motivated, enthusiastic, sensitive and have a genuine desire to help others
- Adequate vision or wears corrective lenses
- Must have no criminal record
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be able to communicate clearly in English
- Must be a Team player
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact phone numbers of at least three referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 14th August, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.