Farm Radio Trust
FRT Holdings Limited (FHL) is a subsidiary of Farm Radio Trust (FRT), whose vision is to be a leading multimedia institution in Malawi, providing competitive and quality ICT and solutions products to the development sector. Its mission is to provide communication outreach services through ICT solutions and complementing services to the general populace in a sustainable manner through a market-led approach.
FHL is establishing a Radio Station (Mlimi FM) hence it is inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for the positions of:
Head Of Radio Broadcasting Station
Reporting To: Director of Business Services
The Head of Radio Broadcasting Station is responsible for day-to-day management and operations including supporting management of the finance, information technology, human resource management and administration functions of Mlimi FM radio station. The position is responsible to oversee all programs, producers and presenters, ensuring the smooth operating of the station.
- Accomplishes department objectives by managing staff; planning and evaluating department activities.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Ensures a safe, secure, and legal work environment.
- Develops personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Coaches, counsels, and disciplines employees.
- Develops, coordinates, and enforces systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Establishes strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information.
- Defines objectives, identifies and evaluates trends and options, chooses a course of action, and evaluates outcomes.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards, analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems, and recommending system improvements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Review information and content in order to help manage radio productions.
- Editor in chiefs which may include Scrutinize headlines, stories, and scripts in order to ensure that programs present factual information that is compliant with industry standards. This may include researching local events, checking data, following up with participants, and writing headlines or content. Additionally, he/she also work with the production team in order to develop ideas for radio shows.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisors
Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism. Those with post graduate degree will have an advantage
- Minimum of 8 years is radio station management
- Experience in performance and project management
- Experience in coaching and supervision
- Quality management
- Results oriented
- Hands on experience in developing budgets and standards
- Foster teamwork
- Handles pressure
- Giving feedback
Interested and Suitably qualified candidates should submit their CV and Motivation letter no later than Wednesday 21st April 2021 through firstname.lastname@example.org.