Malawi Posts Corporation
The Malawi Posts Corporation (MPC) would like to invite applications from suitably qualified Malawians for the vacancy mentioned above.
The Head of internal Audit shall be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer on administrative issues and to the board on technical issues. The incumbent will play a key role in evaluating and reporting on the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s internal control systems, risk management and governance processes through planning and performing a wide range of audit and assurance assignments.
Specifically, the Head of Internal Audit key responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Directing internal audit staff in the planning, organizing, directing, and monitoring of internal audit operations, including assisting in hiring, training, and professional development, evaluating staff, and taking corrective actions to address performance problems.
- Developing, reviewing policies, plans, charter, systems, programmes and budget.
- Reviewing and advising on the effectiveness and adequacy of financial and operational systems and procedures.
- Checking compliance with internal control procedures, statutory rules and regulations.
- Identifying key risk areas in consultation with Management and advising on appropriate interventions.
- Conducting internal and investigative audits in liaison with relevant stakeholder and preparing reports for the Board.
- Checking management accounts for errors and completeness.
- Collaborating with external auditors on audit matters.
- Undertaking pre-audit and post audit of financial, stores and personnel records as may be required.
- Maintaining audit files and audit registers.
- Following up on audit queries to ensure audit observations are properly and adequately addressed.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Degree in Accounting or Auditing plus professional qualification at chartered level
- Good working knowledge of auditing software, internal auditing standards, risk based audit methodologies, policies and standards
- Those with knowledge of data analytical software including SAGE Evolution will have an added advantage
- Four years ‘experience pertaining to internal and external audit environment
- Computer literate.
Applications, with a Curriculum Vitae, and copies of certificates should be forwarded to:
The Postmaster General, Malawi Posts Corporation, P. O. Box 602 BLANTYRE.
The closing date for receiving of applications is 30th November, 2018.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.