Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
CNFA is currently seeking a Food Security Technical Coordinator to support its Development Food Security Activity in Malawi. The position will be based in Malawi. The Food Security Technical Coordinator will support coordinating food security technical initiatives and best practices throughout all levels of implementation. CNFA is a global leader in building strong and stable agricultural value chains and has 15 years of experience in Malawi agriculture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic leadership of food security implementation;
- Ensure that all technical sectors work together to create multiplier effects across and between sectors;
- Ensure overall quality of technical implementation;
- Establish and manage systems to ensure cohesion across all technical sectors in the program;
- Ensure integration, sequencing, and layering of activities within the program
- Work collaboratively with monitoring, evaluation, and learning team to ensure that learning are being properly fed into and utilized by technical field staff;
- Seven (7) years of experience in integrated, multi-sectoral programming, experience in Malawi strongly preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, nutrition, international development, or other relevant area is required, Master’s Degree preferred;
- Comprehensive knowledge of food security technical areas, including both theoretical and applied knowledge is required;
- Experience with international donor projects in agriculture development, food security, or health and nutrition required, experience with USAID and Food for Peace preferred;
- Strong English skills are required, understanding of local languages preferred.