This position serves as Financial Management Specialist for the Financial Management Centre (FMC) at Embassy Lilongwe. The primary role is to function as Senior Financial Specialist in the areas of budget, accounting and vouchering. The position assists in developing financial strategies, long range financial plans, preparing budgets of a complex nature, and creating standard operating procedures to improve management and internal controls. The position directly supervises two budget analysts, an accounting technician and three voucher examiners. The job holder receives supervision from Financial Management Officer.
At least five years of experience performing complex accounting and budgeting tasks, where at least two years were at a supervisory level is required. At least three of the five years must have been USG work experience and one of the three years USG work experience must have been equivalent to the next lower level.
- Knowledge of regulations and procedures affecting the financial aspects of post management.
- Must be able to understand financial management implications of changes in priorities, tempo, and direction of programs and projects and be able to recommend appropriate adjustments to financial plans.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, budgeting, and/or management is required.
LANGUAGE: Level 4 (Fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to relate funds management with the mission, programs, and projects of the post.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point & Acess) at an advanced level.
- Must be able to use the Web-ICASS software, Web-RABIT, and the Regional Financial Management System (RFMS).