Jhpiego is an intemationa:, non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. Jhpiego develops innovations for enhancing capacity of health care workers, strengthening health systems and delivery of care towards improving the health and well-being of the people
FINANCE MANAGER (1 position)
Job Site: Lilongwe
Reporting to: Senior Finance & Administration Manager
The Finance Manager will be responsible for managing Jhpiego Malawi’s program financial resources, tracking and monitoring of financial expenditures and ensuring that financial spending is in line with budgets.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Financial and accounting system: Oversee overall financial system implementation including controls and standards of the Jhpiego Malawi office.
- Reporting: Ensure timely, accurate and efficient financial reporting both internally (for management purposes) and externally (to donors). Review, monitor and work with in-country management teams on project reporting and burn rate monitoring
- Budgeting and Planning: Work with project and finance staff to prepare annual project-specific and office budgets. Ensure that budgets are entered correctly entered in the financial system and assist with regular monitoring of budgets. Also work closely with proposal development teams to prepare budgets for new solicitations and/or applications for new funding
- Burn Rate Monitoring: Preparation of burn rates and review of program expenditure with respective program managers on a monthly basis.
- Cash management: Work with the Senior Finance and Administration Manager to manage and forecast cash needs for the Jhpiego Malawi office Regularly review cash management practices, develop and provide feedback on cash risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure payroll is prepared on time Provide supervision, guidance and mentorship of staff and ensure team spirit within the finance team. Also work with other program units departments to ensure optimum support and linkages
- Train and mentor the finance staff as needed.
- Work closely with senior management of the Malawi office to ensure optimal support and advice on financial matters as required.
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
- Qualified accountant with CPA, ACCA or equivalent 5 years of post-qualification experience in similar position with at least 3 years in a similar position in a reputable NGO or development agency
- Ability to communicate and to confidently engage with high ranking government and donor partners
- Trustworthy and track record of impeccable integrity
- Conversant with USAID/USG financial guidelines/regulations
- Computer literacy, particularly working knowledge of QuickBooks and MS office
Skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
- Knowledge of international and USG donor agencies and private sector foundations
- Able to effectively communicate with senior management, third party vendors, technical staff, as well as non-finance staff
How to apply
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), and names and contact details of three (3) traceable referees to the e-mail address email@example.com not later than 22nd June 2018. Subject of the e-mail should be the Position being applied for.
Jhpiego appreciates all candidates but please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego Equal Opportunity Employer