Save the Children International
The Finance Assistant will be primarily responsible for assisting in the monitoring, reporting and maintenance of the Office Support Unit Finances. Role holders assists the Finance Officer with Data entry and bank reconciliations. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- PAEC/CAT Diploma
- At least 3 years’ experience in Accounting field preferably with an NGO
- High level of initiative, ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in English and Chichewa
- Excellent team working spirit
- Good computer skills on Microsoft Excel
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.