Baobab Health Trust (BHT)
Baobab Health Trust (BHT) is a non- governmental organization specialised in the the improvement of health care using appropriate Information and Communication Technology suitable for resource constrained environments. We work closely with the Malawi Government through the Ministry of Health and Population to install Electronic Medical Record Systems (EMRs) in the country’s health facilities. A point of care solution tightly coupled to care processes is proposed as the information resource for health care providers as patients are being examined. The point of care clinical touchscreen workstation has embedded treatment protocols and simultaneously collects data that can be accessed and analysed quickly. We are currently looking for suitably qualified, motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic individuals of Malawi origin to fill the positions below on fixed renewable contract.
Finance and Administration Lead (1 x Position) – Blantyre
The Incumbent will work closely with the Regional Manager- South and the Director of Finance and Administration in ensuring that the overall financial, administrative and HR processes for the Blantyre Office are adhered to and executed in a very efficient and effective manner. The person will also be responsible for enforcing internal rules and procedures on finance and administration, development of budgets and financial reports, ensure that internal finance and administrative processes are followed, manage cash-flows and prepare financial forecasts for the Blantyre office. The role will also involve supply chain management of project equipment and supplies, routine procurement of office consumables, office and equipment maintenance, and supervision of finance and administration staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide sound leadership, guidance and direction in planning, implementation and day-to-day management of the financial resources for the regional office.
- Maintain high standard financial management and control systems, policies and procedures.
- Manage cash-flow to ensure that sufficient funds are always available and provide sound warnings in case of unforeseen cash flow deficiencies.
- Ensure compliance with relevant tax laws, and any relevant mandatory regulations.
- Coordinate external and internal audits for the regional Office.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts/reports for the regional office; which will be consolidated for submission to donors and BHT Board.
- Post transactions in the accounting system (maintenance of the general ledger).
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Maintain the fixed asset register.
- Lead in ensuring that all insurance claims are filed with insurance companies on time.
- Lead in ensuring that offices are conducive at all times; this will include making timely payments for utilities (Internet, Telephone etc).
- Lead in ensuring that all employees at the regional office submit time sheets on time.
- Prepare and submit time sheets summary reports monthly.
- Lead in setting and implementing procedures for office security at all times,
- Accountancy professional qualification e.g ACCA, CIMA
Knowledge/Skills and abilities:
- Proficient in use of accounting software packages, knowledge of open source financial software packages is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge and skills of SAGE accounting package is a MUST.
- Excellent communication, organizational and reporting skills, team player, high integrity, trustworthy and responsible.
- Good organization and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work under strict deadlines.
If you meet the above requirements, deliver your application letters (Clearly indicating the title of the position being applied for on the cover of the envelope, or in the e-mail address subject line), up-to-date CV with 3 traceable referees, 2 of whom should be your most recent employers, at our Lilongwe Office, Area 31 13, Baron Avenue, near Bishop Mackenzie International School or to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Human Resources Lead, Baobab Health Trust, P.O. BOX 31797, Lilongwe 3
Applications received after than 22th June, 2018 will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
Baobab Health Trust is an’ Equal opportunities Employer”